Sunday Lunch

Disco

Guest lankybellwipe

Looking to go out for Sunday Lunch tomorrow.

Any recommendations either in town or further afield up the coast or south of the river would be much appreciated.

My house. My dindinses.....es rock man!

Guest firetotheworks

Everybody bums The Toby, but I prefer Shiremoor House Farm, the Yorkshires are something else. Not literally, I just mean they're really nice.

Sunday lunch at Jesmond Dene House is canny.

and how much would that be ?

in town the eye on the tyne (formerly the baltic tavern) is canny but get in early, they have a nasty habit of running out of food on sundays by 3ish.

further afield the smithy in pontelands is good but may need to book and the snowy owl just outside cramlington is good also.

Shiremoor house farm is great, but it's crammend on a Sunday, so I never go there on a Suday despite living in spitting distance of the place. try a local pub, the Foxhunters, or the Wheatchef in New York does good lunches aswell, and was in the Chronicle not so long back. theirs less of a crowd there aswell because the Shiremoor house farm is just around the corner. Also has anyone been to the Pavillion in Northublmerland Park yet?, whats that like?

We've just started going to the hobson at burnopfield for the past few weeks. A belly buster there has lamb, turkey, beef and pork and is the size of a binlid. It's fantastic scran like and is now the highlight of my otherwise mundane week :)

Where in burnopfield is that?  Is it the one on the corner of Busty Bank?  The Pack Horse just outside burnopfield is generally alright too.

We've just started going to the hobson at burnopfield for the past few weeks. A belly buster there has lamb, turkey, beef and pork and is the size of a binlid. It's fantastic scran like and is now the highlight of my otherwise mundane week :)

Where in burnopfield is that?  Is it the one on the corner of Busty Bank?  The Pack Horse just outside burnopfield is generally alright too.

Not the one on Busty Bank mate - can't remember the name of that place.  It's bang on the A692 straight opposite the Hobson golf course.  It's well worth a look and that's coming from someone who's very particular about his Sunday scran.

I was supposed to be going today but our lass is out of sorts so it's probably gonna be just an extra tasty chicken sandwich from Morrison's today :(

Not the one on Busty Bank mate - can't remember the name of that place.  It's bang on the A692 straight opposite the Hobson golf course.  It's well worth a look and that's coming from someone who's very particular about his Sunday scran.

I was supposed to be going today but our lass is out of sorts so it's probably gonna be just an extra tasty chicken sandwich from Morrison's today :(

Aha I know now, I usually turn off at the 'fork' bit on the A692 into the actual Burnopfield centre, never been up that hill - quite new to these parts (me and my lass moved in up Chopwell) so getting used to the area.

Aha I know now, I usually turn off at the 'fork' bit on the A692 into the actual Burnopfield centre, never been up that hill - quite new to these parts (me and my lass moved in up Chopwell) so getting used to the area.

It's worth the slight detour mate.  I'd go there over the Pack Horse any day.

Shiremoor house farm is great, but it's crammend on a Sunday, so I never go there on a Suday despite living in spitting distance of the place. try a local pub, the Foxhunters, or the Wheatchef in New York does good lunches aswell, and was in the Chronicle not so long back. theirs less of a crowd there aswell because the Shiremoor house farm is just around the corner. Also has anyone been to the Pavillion in Northublmerland Park yet?, whats that like?

Its one of them places that cant decide if it wants to be a pub or a fancy restaurant and ends up being neither.

A Posh Weatherspoons tbh.

Foods alright, nowt spectacular.

Everybody bums The Toby, but I prefer Shiremoor House Farm, the Yorkshires are something else. Not literally, I just mean they're really nice.

I like the Farm as well.  Also my brother works there.  Not BarackObama, my other brother.

There is another one!?  :kasper:

I like the Farm as well.  Also my brother works there.  Not BarackObama, my other brother.

There is another one!?  :kasper:

:lol: Haha, there is yeah.  He's actually quite sensible.