Hamster Euthenasia

Guest Lazlo

Haill to the rodent but he may be suffering, which is the best course of action  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Haill to the rodent but he may be suffering, which is the best course of action

• Vets (pay the money you tight get)
    • Let nature take it's course
    • Home euthenasia (explain)

The bairn has this hamster. It's 3, so it's had a good run. It's developed a tumor on it's eye and it's canny manky.

The vet said it would be £30 to get it put down, i don't want to pay basically.

What i want to know is there anything you can think of that would be humane to do the deed at home. I can't flush the poor bugger (not that i would) because the bairn would never forgive me.

I know the poll makes it light hearted but i'll take it to the vet if users agree but it's a scurrying rodent ffs. I need to appease the bairn and help the poor little bugger on it's way.

Interpolic, avert your eyes!

:lol: I was gonna fucking say like. Pay the vet. 30 quid man. Who wants to kill a bloody hamster man? Well, the vet, that's who - give him the money.

If Inter Milan weren't such indisciplined wankers I'd have contributed some money towards it.

Guest Stephen927

Give it to Delima.

A line has been crossed.

Fuck it, I'll pay the £30. Poor little bugger. (Wrong word to use, I think.)

Guest lankybellwipe

Throw it over the back fence. It's vermin.

Put £30 in your kids bank account.  :thup:

:mackems:

Remember that scene in Space odysey, where the ape throws the bone all slow motion? Replace 'bone' with 'hamster' followed by hoorified and screaming child!!

I'd say releasing it into the wild (and into the jaw of a bird or fox) is a decent idea - circle of life and all that, probably millions of mice and other small vermin die the same way each day.

There's not really a humane way to put an animal down at home. The best option is probably to gas it but that's likely to be too much of a faff (unless just popping it on the vent from a gas boiler works) to save just £30.

Give it to Delima.

A line has been crossed.

Just sling it over the fence and tell the bairn it ran away. It's only a hamster. Barely even an animal.

Give it to Delima.

A line has been crossed.

Just sling it over the fence and tell the bairn it ran away. It's only a hamster. Barely even an animal.

"But dad, how could it run away, it couldn't see for its manky eye"