Our central defence

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've been really impressed with Mike Williamson so far, he looks a shrewd signing. Certainly looks better than mere cover and appears to do a decent job of organising things back there.

Dunno when Taylor is back, but I was wondering at the game today whether or not he should necessarily come straight back in to partner Coloccini. The latter is just coasting this league so I think it's safe to say he would be first choice for most, but who should partner him?

Also, what about next season should we acheive promotion - does that change things?

Williamson and Taylor for me, I still think next season Colo will get caught out, I think he has found his level here, though if he plays aswell as he can then he's a great central defender, it's just it doesn't come up often. Aswell as that I just think that out of the 3 of them I can see Colo leaving more then any of the other 2, unless we get a huge offer for Taylor. Even if no of them leave we will still need another for cover though. Still though it's early days for Williamson, I seem to remember Boumsong doing well for us this early into his NUFC career.

Oddly I don't see a storm brewing. 

I think Taylor will be eased back in, in place of Williamson. 

Williamson will get enough time to keep him happy with all the injuries we pick up anyway.

As for next season, fuck only knows what'll happen in the window, it's impossible to predict.  What the team will look like at the end of August.

Williamson and Taylor for me, I still think next season Colo will get caught out, I think he has found his level here, though if he plays aswell as he can then he's a great central defender, it's just it doesn't come up often. Aswell as that I just think that out of the 3 of them I can see Colo leaving more then any of the other 2, unless we get a huge offer for Taylor. Even if no of them leave we will still need another for cover though. Still though it's early days for Williamson, I seem to remember Boumsong doing well for us this early into his NUFC career.

Hang on man, Williamson hasn't even played a game in the top flight.  He maybe awful up there for all we know.

Hang on man, Williamson hasn't even played a game in the top flight. He maybe awful up there for all we know.

Williamson and Taylor haven't even played together IIRC. They might be terrible together. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Voted for Colo & Taylor. I like Williamson a lot, but still want to give him a few more games before I decide if he's amazing or not.

This.

Guest The_Scoreboard

We will always need 3(at least) good central defenders due to suspensions and injuries and i think we have that at the moment with Colo, Saylor and Williamson but what I like about Williamson is he never gives in and is always up and after the second ball :thup: good signing imo.

horses for courses. if teams come with the likes of parkin then williamson,taylor. if they are a bit more technical than coloccini and taylor.

very handy to have this three at this level but next season (hopefully) we'll probably find out if colo was slow settling in and wether it was down to cash that pompey didn't play wiliamson.

I suppose Williamson knew that he wouldn't be a first choice defender provided we had our back line fully fit so I'd go with Colo & Taylor.

why should there be a first choice pair ? why not whats best suited to the opposition