Miserable Newcastle Fans.

kane2005

Does anyone else have a set of , or an individual who is the most miserable , critical supporter who sits close to you at the match.

I sit in the Leazes Corner and although is sings for 90mins every week , it has some of the most miserable people on earth up there.  To a certain extent I agree with some things they do say , however it's a football match for god sake.

Were I sit , you are not allowed to sing anything about Bobby Robson , because he done nothing for the club and Joe Harvey deserves more credit , on top of that if you start singing an anti-sunderland song you get asked if were playing sunderland , it's been an ongoing chant towards the away fans everytime we score " Who are ya " , happens allllll over the country , but get totally shot down if you do that in the Leazes Corner , and there was a funny one on Wednesday , Coventry fans were attempting a Mexican Wave , and some Newcastle Fans were joining in , some people nearly had a heart attack getting so stressed out , about 13/14 year old kids joining in .

What happened to the " Couldn't give a shit " attitude Newcastle fans once had?

After the last few seasons plus the relegation I can understand why a little.  It's not nice to be sat around though, negativity is never going to help the players/club.

I think all football grounds have these types of supports to be honest.

Guest Geordiekev

Does anyone else have a set of , or an individual who is the most miserable , critical supporter who sits close to you at the match.

I sit in the Leazes Corner and although is sings for 90mins every week , it has some of the most miserable people on earth up there.  To a certain extent I agree with some things they do say , however it's a football match for god sake.

Were I sit , you are not allowed to sing anything about Bobby Robson , because he done nothing for the club and Joe Harvey deserves more credit , on top of that if you start singing an anti-sunderland song you get asked if were playing sunderland , it's been an ongoing chant towards the away fans everytime we score " Who are ya " , happens allllll over the country , but get totally shot down if you do that in the Leazes Corner , and there was a funny one on Wednesday , Coventry fans were attempting a Mexican Wave , and some Newcastle Fans were joining in , some people nearly had a heart attack getting so stressed out , about 13/14 year old kids joining in .

What happened to the " Couldn't give a s*** " attitude Newcastle fans once had?

What a load of bs, the wave went well on Wednesday and just about all the l7 corner joined in and it only stopped when it got halfway around the family end, as the SAFC chants then I agree, I don't give a flying fuck about them until they are in the same league/ground getting their ass handed to them. The who are you chant is always sang yesterday the Preston fans had the luxury of doing it to us (short lived though), not that I like it much but always great when we get an arrogant bunch of away fans.

It may just be the people around you but watch the Leazes corner from the family section and you will see that the majority take part in everything you claim they don't and are without doubt the loudest in the ground, excellent banter yesterday with the bloke dressed as a bird... git yer tits oot for the lads lol

as the SAFC chants then I agree, I don't give a flying fuck about them until they are in the same league/ground getting their ass handed to them.

what? slagging off your local rivals at every opportunity is integral to football support.

i have to say i've noticed this sort of thing a lot. yesterday at the match the bloke next to me had ONE response to passages of play, shaking his head, i never saw him applaud or praise anything, at all, in a match that we won 3-0. fucking miserable bastards.

Oh aye, you always get the old bloke behind you, who is so much more wiser. You just have to exept these people think they no the game because they are old. There was one guy that was giving hell to the wrong player the other week, you just have to bite your lip.

TBH most of the sensible comments come from the younger generation. It all comes down to wanting to be a "superfan". 

What a load of bs, the wave went well on Wednesday and just about all the l7 corner joined in and it only stopped when it got halfway around the family end, as the SAFC chants then I agree, I don't give a flying f*** about them until they are in the same league/ground getting their ass handed to them. The who are you chant is always sang yesterday the Preston fans had the luxury of doing it to us (short lived though), not that I like it much but always great when we get an arrogant bunch of away fans.

It may just be the people around you but watch the Leazes corner from the family section and you will see that the majority take part in everything you claim they don't and are without doubt the loudest in the ground, excellent banter yesterday with the bloke dressed as a bird... git yer tits oot for the lads lol

I have had a season ticket up in LV7 for 7 years now , I know what goes on up there.

For you to say nearly all of the Leazes Corner joined in the mexican wave is total BS , I wouldnt even say 1/4 did.

It's always great crack up there , but what annoys me is people who for example ysterday were slagging Kevin Nolan off for being a big fat , lazy scouse twat , but then when he scores , start singing his name.

Have to agree There are some

moaning people around L7 but the ones next to me take the biscuit, they must be about 18, turned up 15 mins into the match, left at 40 mins, turned up again around the 60th min, and left straight after the 3rd goal ( the only goal they saw) and had the nerve to have a go at 'part time supporters'   

What happened to the " Couldn't give a shit " attitude Newcastle fans once had?

You must sit next to me.

- I don't sing anything about Bobby Robson now because as much as I liked the bloke we're now bordering on Scouse levels of grief.

- I don't sing many anti-Sunderland songs as I don't particularly care about them at the minute.

- I don't sing songs to the away fans as it's small time. Singing "Your support is fucking shit" yesterday was ridiculous. "Geordie Boys taking the piss" is another one. It works well when we're hammering Cardiff but when we're 1-0 up? Fucking behave.

- I don't join in Mexican waves because I'm not 12.

Easy.

I wouldn't worry about "miserable newcastle fans" 5/10 yrs from now it'll be a new type of crowd with  different class of player and people will come on and discuss players from the past such as Nolan (was he really that bad) or did we have anyone who stood out and we'll strain our memories to work out who was good.How many remember, Peter Withe or Benny Arentoft,Gordon Marshall,Jinky Smith, David Batty, Terry Hibbit (46 yrs old when he died) etc etc none of the new mob will.

Old miserable fans are the worst. They always compare to the olden days .

"Whey if that were Jackie Milburn there, he would have buried that"

Tbf that that saying is usually spot on.

True, but no need to compare to players from 60 years ago.

Tbf that that saying is usually spot on.

True, but no need to compare to players from 60 years ago.

Honestly how often do people actually say that though?

Guest firetotheworks

It doesnt bother me when generally older fans bite as soon as someone does something wrong. What does piss me off is the looks you get from them if you dare to make any noise.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. A lot of people are much more intent on telling you how they know the craic better than you through a bit of grumbling than creating atmosphere. At the end of the day, if everyone was like them, making snide remarks at every opportunity, the ground would be near silent every game. Personally, I join in with nearly every song I can, simply to try and create some kind of noise. I think the atmosphere's far too quiet to be fussing over what we're singing about too much.

"Football isn't what it used to be"

i know exactly what you mean.

tbh tho,if Keegan was our manager we would be Class.