Football League Awards - Nolan Player of the Year

Thespence

Surely the likes of Brunt, Ambrose and Whittingham and Charlie Adam have performed better than him week in week out?

Wittingham has missed half the season has he not? and Brunt? really? Dorrans is a much better player...

Adam is superb, and probs a bit closer to the national opinion of Nolan than Nolan actually is...though Nolan is over-criticised on this forum like, his actual level of ability lies somewhere inbetween...

Whittingham has played in 32 games so I assume not. Scored 16 goals ... 9 assists. Aye Dorrans is probably a better candidate than Brunt.

Can't see how Nolan has won this, at all.

Whittingham, Ambrose & Dorrans take pens, free kicks and corners. Whittingham & Dorrans have about half a dozen pens each, and it's no wonder their assists stats are slightly better if they're taking most of the set pieces. I'm impressed if people have watched half as many full games of West Brom, Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Blackpool, etc as they have of ours to make the judgement on their superiority for other reasons, but the fact that despite having less goals and assists he has a higher actim rating than them makes me think that he must be doing something in general play that they aren't (tackles, completed passes, etc).

Well done Kevin. Fully deserved.

Surely the likes of Brunt, Ambrose and Whittingham and Charlie Adam have performed better than him week in week out?

Wittingham has missed half the season has he not? and Brunt? really? Dorrans is a much better player...

Adam is superb, and probs a bit closer to the national opinion of Nolan than Nolan actually is...though Nolan is over-criticised on this forum like, his actual level of ability lies somewhere inbetween...

Whittingham has played in 32 games so I assume not. Scored 16 goals ... 9 assists. Aye Dorrans is probably a better candidate than Brunt.

Whittingham, Ambrose & Dorrans take pens, free kicks and corners. Whittingham & Dorrans have about half a dozen pens each, and it's no wonder their assists stats are slightly better if they're taking most of the set pieces. I'm impressed if people have watched half as many full games of West Brom, Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Blackpool, etc as they have of ours to make the judgement on their superiority for other reasons, but the fact that despite having less goals and assists he has a higher actim rating than them makes me think that he must be doing something in general play that they aren't (tackles, completed passes, etc).

i take your point UV about not seeing enough of other clubs to judge their players properly, however i'm guessing quite a few have seen enough of our games to know he hasn't been our best player this season let alone the leagues.

Well lets ajust that to the 24 league games he has played including a few from the bnch. He is decent but i wouldnt say has earned owt over Nolan...just like Dorrans has had alot of pens, stat-padding tbh. Charlie Adam is a player that majorly impressed me though.

Anyone actually seen the list in FFT yet? Deary me, Alan Smith and Leon Best in the top 50. jose, jonas or colo are nowhere to be seen, not even in the best of the rest section.

Anybody who chooses Smith as the best player in this division deserves to be put down.

http://actimindex.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/champ_index_top10045.gif

The FourFourTwo list is completely different and factors in votes from fans, players and managers.

Plus they removed a load of Newcastle players 'because they have too many fans'

Only printed vote from a pro for Coloccini?

Gordon Strachan

Notable FourFourTwo list:

50. Cian Hughton (Son of Chris)

24. Alan Smith

23. Leon Best

14. Darren Ambrose

13. Steven Taylor

11. Steve Harper

8. Michael Chopra

5. Peter Whittingham

4. Lee Camp

3. Jermaine Beckford