Lovenkradns

nufcmichael

The danish national coach Morten Olsen today ignored Peter Lovenkrands' impressive performances the past couple of months.

I don't get it, we only have Bendtner and Tomasson as good strikers and Tomasson isn't even that good anymore.

The problem might be that Denmark plays a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 and Morten Olsen doesn't think Lovenkrands would fit into that tactic. However in his current form, I believe he should have had a chance in the spring friendlies.

He has several things going against him atm.

- He's injured

- He's playing in the championship.

- He's not comfortable enough enough to play as one of the wingers in our 4-3-3 system (same goes for playing behind the front striker, although I don't think he has been tried there and it probably wouldn't work anyway).

- He's simply not as good as the competition for the main striker position and probably not the right type.

If he didn't get injured he would maybe be in instead of Lekic and if we were in the PL (IF we were playing him) he would probably have a shout at making the world cup team.

This is of course all me speculating.

he deserves a call up....but he doesn´t fit the system, unfortunately!

actually there are some players missing in that squad....I normally like Morten olsen, but im getting a bit fed up with him going for the same formation every match...especially when we don´t really have good enough players for that particular formation. We should stick to our system if possible but he should be more flexible against better sides.

players left out which should have been selected:

Morten "Duncan" Rasmussen (Celtic)

Thomas Enevoldsen (Gronningen)

Christian Eriksen (Ajax)

Guest Heneage

bentner's useless. i think had we been in the premier league pistol pete would have been in the team ahead of bentner

For Denmark Bendtner is actually alright. Check his goal against Portugal.

he deserves a call up....but he doesn´t fit the system, unfortunately!

actually there are some players missing in that squad....I normally like Morten olsen, but im getting a bit fed up with him going for the same formation every match...especially when we don´t really have good enough players for that particular formation. We should stick to our system if possible but he should be more flexible against better sides.

players left out which should have been selected:

Morten "Duncan" Rasmussen (Celtic)

Thomas Enevoldsen (Gronningen)

Christian Eriksen (Ajax)

And all those three are probably ahead of Løvenkrands in the queue.

bentner's useless. i think had we been in the premier league pistol pete would have been in the team ahead of bentner

I agree, I just don't get why Wenger hasn't signed him up to replace Bendtner. Probably his age policy or just common sense.

For Denmark Bendtner is actually alright. Check his goal against Portugal.

Keegan says no.

Morten Duncan Rasmussen is shite, absolutely shite...

Christian Eriksen is way to young

Enevoldsen is a right midfielder

Duncan, although being a limited player, is a better goalscorer and fits better into the system than Løvenkrands. He also seems to actually work when he puts on the Denmark jersey. And if he plays regularly until summer, he's doing it for a better team than Løvenkrands.

Although Eriksen is very young and hyped right now, he does seem to be in rapid development and could be playing regularly for Ajax before summer, and might then be a wild card for the world cup. Plus for sentimental reasons he seems to be the kind of player the fans have been starving for since the retirement of M. Laudrup and it could be very valuable experience for him, even if he's only going to be figure as a substitute.

Enevoldsen is competing for the two winger spots and the behind the striker position, that Løvenkrands could also be in contention for.

Guest Stephen927

If we were in the Premiership, I don't think Lovenkrands would have been as impressive as he has been in recent weeks.

Bendtner is a capable player, he should be in ahead of him every day of the week. Not sure on their other strikers..

If we were in the Premiership, I don't think Lovenkrands would have been as impressive as he has been in recent weeks.

Bendtner is a capable player, he should be in ahead of him every day of the week. Not sure on their other strikers..

I disagree, imo, lovenkrands is brilliant, whether or not he should be in the Denmark squad  i don't know but he has been brilliant for us and i think will do very well in the prem. Of course his record wouldn't be as impressive in the prem but i believe it would still be very good.

Guest neesy111

Lovenkrands is not a premiership player, Bendtner is.

Bendtner is worse than championship, leon best would do better than he does in that arsenal team