Troisi wins Newcastle pro deal

Guest poiuyt

Troisi wins Newcastle pro deal

Newcastle United have secured Aussie winger James Troisi to pro forms.

Growing up in Adelaide, Troisi was never selected for any of Australia's much-vaunted football institute programs, but has proven himself good enough to earn a pro deal in England.

The winger was called into the Australia squad this week in London and Toon boss Glenn Roeder said yesterday: "James has been asked to train with the Australian squad but he will not be involved tonight."

What does everyone think of him? I like most other australians have great hopes for him, Unfourtunatly it looks like he will be at a championship side next year.

a championship side that would piss all over any side in australia's mickey mouse league.

Settle down mate  'twas just a joke, no need to get agro, even if you are going to lose the ashes this summer. 'twas just a joke,

a championship side that would piss all over any side in australia's mickey mouse league.

Settle down mate  'twas just a joke, no need to get agro, even if you are going to lose the ashes this summer. 'twas just a joke,

:lol: yes, thought that was a bit uncalled for too.

Guest Pearce-Dog

Its a shame players like this are slipping through the catch nets of the Australian youth system, further shows the need for a youth league to be setup beneath the current A-League

Ashes are being played in the winter this year mate  :wink:

we are arranging that kind of weather just so the English feel at home. tongue.gif

Its a shame players like this are slipping through the catch nets of the Australian youth system, further shows the need for a youth league to be setup beneath the current A-League

I was thinking something similar - especially when I read about our "much-vaunted football institute programs" :roll: If they're so fantastic why did Kewell, Troisi, Cahill, Neill et al all head overseas as boys :mad:

Guest optimistic nit

It's roeders system to play players one position to the right of where they prefer too. Its why we've been struggling to score ever since given was ruled out.

• 4 weeks later...

f***ing hope not!

Why not? Is he not up to it yet?

I know you guys are in the middle of an injury crisis and have seen him in a few squads so wasn't sure if he was getting in thier on merit or what. But as an Aussie I'd love to see him playing.

What does everyone think of him? I like most other australians have great hopes for him, Unfourtunatly it looks like he will be at a championship side next year.

never heard of the lad.

But he's travelled to make a mark.

He deserves the chance. good on him. Hope he does well.