FFS Shola doing it again

Skirge

He was near enough invisible last week and now we are going to fkn use him again!!!

DISGRACE!!

Shola Ameobi will head to America for surgery on his hip this weekend, but he is eager to help Newcastle overcome Arsenal first.

The gangly striker has been plagued by a hip problem for well over a year and will go under the knife on Tuesday.

Ameobi has revealed that the problem has become so severe that his career could be under threat if he does not have surgery immediately.

The operation is likely to bring an end to Ameobi's season and the forward is eager to sign off on a positive note by helping the struggling Magpies at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

"I want to play because I'm having the operation on Tuesday and I know it's my last game of the season," he told The Guardian.

"I've had the hip problem for about two years now. It's degenerated badly in the past few months and will become career threatening if I don't have the operation."

Ameobi has looked well off the pace in recent weeks, having led the line in the absence of Michael Owen, but he claims the decision to play has been his own.

"Nobody's forced me to play, I've wanted to but it's hampered certain areas of my game and I've been in a lot of pain at times," he added. "I've had quite a few injections to try to numb the pain but after some games I struggle to even walk for two days."

The pressure is on at St James' Park, with Newcastle in the relegation places, but Ameobi feels manager Glenn Roeder and chairman Freddy Shepherd are the right men in charge.

"The dressing room is behind Glenn, that's never been in doubt," stressed Ameobi. "We know what Glenn did for us last season, the belief he put into players and the way we feel about him has not changed.

"When you get bad results, people outside think the players have turned against the manager but that is not the case, we're fully behind Glenn.

"For me the criticism that has come the chairman's way is unfair. To me he's given his all and put everything he can into the club."

Ameobi may have to watch the remainder of the season from the sidelines, but he feels there is plenty left to play for.

"I don't think the season's over for Newcastle, there's two thirds of it left and we're still in all the cups. We were down and out by the halfway stage last year but still qualified for Europe."

An unfit Shola hmmmmmmm tempting proposition to play him.....NOT!!!!!!!!!!

For me its:

Given

Taylor  Moore  Ramage  Duff

Dyer Parker  Butt  Zoggy  Milner

Martins

Subs

Harper

Huntingdon

Nobby

Sibierski

Luque/Pattison

Guest Bramble OG

Ameobi may have to watch the remainder of the season from the sidelines, but he feels there is plenty left to play for.

"I don't think the season's over for Newcastle, there's two thirds of it left and we're still in all the cups. We were down and out by the halfway stage last year but still qualified for Europe."

Yeah well done Shola, theres plenty to play for....Like our place in the premiership next season, Hope all our players arnt this laid back about the rest of the season.

For his own sake, it sounds like he should have had the operation a long time ago. You hope that there won't be any long-term effects, but playing on when an injury hasn't fully mended is exactly how you get long-term problems.

It's very difficult for a young player to make that decision and it ought to have been taken out of his hands.

The attitude is there, the ability simply isn't.  I'm absolutely sure Shola means well and genuinely wants to help the club and establish himself as some kind of front line leader like Al was but it's just not going to happen for him.  It's pity more than anger I feel towards him most of the time. 

a fit shola would improve our team - but that disabled bugger crawling around last week we cannot use for anything!

You mean like the disabled bugger who's been in the 'best' form of his life since last April? ONCE again we must stress this, no difference between a fit Shola and an injured one. It's the same lanky twatness.

a fit shola would improve our team - but that disabled bugger crawling around last week we cannot use for anything!

agree with TEEPEE. A half fit Zidane or the likes in a World cup final you may risk, however an unfit Shola i think not. Nice to hear his passion for our cause though.

Guest eyeball_tickler

FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK OOOOFFFFF YYYOOOOUUUU TTWAAAATTTT

if he plays then any last shred of hope i had of roeder being a good manager will go.

GIVEN

RAMAGE

TAYLOR

MOORE

BERNARD

ZOG

EMRE

PARKER

MILNER

MARTINS

LUQUE

SUBS

HARPER

CARR

DUFF

ETC.

For me this would be my first eleven - obviously EMRE is unfit for the next game!

Loves the club so much that he's going to make himself available and scupper any chance in hell we had against Arsenal.

Cheers Shola  :thup:

Roeder would play a dead and rapidly decomposing Shola rather than Luque or Rossi for 90 minutes.

Loves the club so much that he's going to make himself available and scupper any chance in hell we had against Arsenal.

Cheers Shola  :thup:

Roeder would play a dead and rapidly decomposing Shola rather than Luque or Rossi for 90 minutes.

Rossi can.t last 90 mins anyway but Shola should be on his way to the states now for the op, why delay it any further ?

Martins will be back and surley Glenn will be Mr Negitive and try a 4-5-1 so Shola aint needed.

Forget about fkn luque though, he has no interst in playing for us and would be about as effective as Shola.