Who do you want to finish 4th in the Premier League?

bealios

Guest north shields lad

Whoever gets in we need them to get to the semis atleast, because england could lose that 4th spot otherwise. Therfore id say liverpool or manchester city.

Whoever gets in we need them to get to the semis atleast, because england could lose that 4th spot otherwise. Therfore id say liverpool or manchester city.

That's pretty unlikely. That you'd lose the 4th spot. We haven't had two teams past the quarter finals in quite a few years and are comfortably second (we have won the thing a couple times but so have you). You'd need Germany to improve significantly in order to challenge Italy/Spain/England and it really doesn't look likely to happen in the next few years.

That's pretty unlikely. That you'd lose the 4th spot. We haven't had two teams past the quarter finals in quite a few years and are comfortably second (we have won the thing a couple times but so have you). You'd need Germany to improve significantly in order to challenge Italy/Spain/England and it really doesn't look likely to happen in the next few years.

Germany can oust Italy this year according to the Guardian podcast. Changes would be season after next though.

Germany can oust Italy this year according to the Guardian podcast. Changes would be season after next though.

Ah yes I see, Germany had two dreadful seasons in 2005-06/06-07 that are due to fall off the coefficient. Still, if they gained back 10 points they would still fall back behind Spain and England, and both are on track to get an even higher coefficient that the one about to fall off.

And I know that Germany has the most profitable clubs, but not the clubs with highest turnover (only Bayern in the top 10). It may work for them in the long run when La Liga and the EPL burn in the fire of their debts, but not yet.

Honestly, you have to think that in order to lose your 4th spot, you need to consistently perform worse than all of the  Italian, German and Spanish leagues over the next few years. It just won't happen, certainly not because Villa or Spurs qualify for the CL (and if they fail they still get a chance to contribute more points to the league through the Europa League, like Liverpool are doing)

Liverpool for sure. I just want the top 4 to stay the way it is, I want it to be us to shake the top 4 apart in a couple of years, not these other cubs. Not Villa because I dislike how such a shitty little club is challenging for a top 4 spot while we're in the championship and I hate all this orgasm about how they're a 'proper' football club while we're a pile of horse dung.

*deleted*

I can't be arsed, but you can imagine what was here before I deleted it.

Hopefully not villa.

I always liked them, and I like oneill and a lot of their players, but the way their fans celebrated at us going down makes me not want them to get it.

No offence brummie btw.

Howay brum, get that previous comment back. It was entertaining without going overboard.

I think, anyway.  :snod:

No, I can't be arsed. I'll only end up arguing and getting irate and making a show of myself, and I don't want to appear ungracious.

I'll settle for slowly shaking my head whilst looking at the laptop, and muttering about 1992.

Hopefully not villa.

I always liked them, and I like oneill and a lot of their players, but the way their fans celebrated at us going down makes me not want them to get it.

No offence brummie btw.

None taken, mate.

The increasing inevitability of the RS getting 4th does indeed speak volumes about the quality of the "best league in the world".

Man City's away record for example - isn't it something horrendous like 1 win in 10?

Begs the old question, is it the rest of the league getting more competitive, or just plain shite?

Spurs are flat track bullies, they do fine against the crap sides, but struggle against the decent ones. Same is true of Man City to a certain extent (and I think their Chelsea result was very much the exception to the norm).

We struggle against shit sides but do well against better ones, Liverpool just look shit but keep picking up points from fuck only knows where.

Everton look like world beaters one week then awful the next, and don't start playing until December.

There's hardly any quality out there, and that extends to Arsenal as well. In fact, it extends to Chelsea and Man United who have also thrown up some really shite results, too.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs are flat track bullies, they do fine against the crap sides, but struggle against the decent ones. Same is true of Man City to a certain extent (and I think their Chelsea result was very much the exception to the norm).

We struggle against s*** sides but do well against better ones, Liverpool just look s*** but keep picking up points from f*** only knows where.

Everton look like world beaters one week then awful the next, and don't start playing until December.

There's hardly any quality out there, and that extends to Arsenal as well. In fact, it extends to Chelsea and Man United who have also thrown up some really s**** results, too.

Lat season we did well against the top 4 (drew with Arsenal twice, drew with united once, beat and drew with Chelsea, beat liverpool). This season we've been an utter shambles against the top 4.

One thing i don't get though is that our injury list this season has been one of the worst, and nothing is ever said about it.

You do have a gigantic squad, though.

If you want injury list look at Everton. Moyes is a magician in that job.

And I know 1878 and Neil will disagree, but that's the way it looks from the outside.

I think the general point is valid, though, there is precious little quality anywhere in the league this season.

And I know 1878 and Neil will disagree, but that's the way it looks from the outside.

I think the general point is valid, though, there is precious little quality anywhere in the league this season.

How strange though, as I would say the same of La Liga this season outside of the current top 4.

How strange though, as I would say the same of La Liga this season outside of the current top 4.

You can include two of the top four in England, though. Arsenal are woefully unconvincing. Liverpool, well, the most important point from them is the fact that they're in the top four at all.

You can include two of the top four in England, though. Arsenal are woefully unconvincing. Liverpool, well, the most important point from them is the fact that they're in the top four at all.

Sevilla and Valencia have blown hot and cold too. But what I mean is that it really seems we are destroying the depth of our leagues.

Guest kingdawson

Our injury list has probably been just as long this season. Manchester united have a gigantic squad but they still go on and on about the injuries they get.

This season....

1) Lennon's been missing for over 3 months (2 and a half months for the current injury and a month for the first injury)

2) Modric out for 3 months

3) Woodate out for the season

4 ) King misses half the season

5 ) Ekotto out for 2 months

6) Bentley torn groin, out for over a month

7) Huddlestone looks like he'll miss the majority of the season now

8) Jenas having surgery on torn groin

9 ) Cudicini out for the season (i know he's back up but Gomes has also missed around a month of this season through injury too)

7 of them have been out at the same time too. Villa and City seem to get hardly any injuries.

EDIT : Sorry forgot that Dawson was also injured for the first 2 months of the season. We had to go games with Corluka and Bassong as cb's.

Our injuries have probably been worse than your injuries though.  :fishing:

In all seriousness, losing Huddlestone will be a blow. Always impressed me, in fact iirc there was a time about 18 months ago when he was close to leaving, was desperate for us to bid for him at that point.

Guest kingdawson

Our injuries have probably been worse than your injuries though.  :fishing:

In all seriousness, losing Huddlestone will be a blow. Always impressed me, in fact iirc there was a time about 18 months ago when he was close to leaving, was desperate for us to bid for him at that point.

yeh Huddlestone getting injured is a big blow. We only have 1 fit cm now, so it looks like Modric might be moved to the centre. Palacios is only 1 yellow card away from a 2 match ban so we're royally screwed.

Huddlestone's been excellent this season though. Really pushed on from last season.