Watford 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 27/02/10 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Finally watched the highlights as I went out last night. Main thing I noticed is Guthrie's delivery  :smitten: He may not be a winger but fucking hell can he swing a ball in. Van Aanholt has been good for us but it will be good to have Enrique back, generally think he adds alot going forward as well as being very solid at the back.

The worst game by quite some distance this year has been Sunderland v Stoke.

i hear todays made that look like a classic. ;D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest prestonj1989

So Watford fans on a different forum reckon Smith took a swing at Williamson after we conceded. Apparently Smith was incensed with Williamson and he gave some verbal back, and other NUFC players had to intervene. Anyone see/read anything about this? I wasn't looking but saw Pancrate with his arms out as if to say to everyone to calm it.

I didn't see Smith take a swing at him but they did go near head to head and it was Van Aanholt that separated them. As soon as the final whistle went Smith went straight up to him and they shook hands/hugged.

So Watford fans on a different forum reckon Smith took a swing at Williamson after we conceded. Apparently Smith was incensed with Williamson and he gave some verbal back, and other NUFC players had to intervene. Anyone see/read anything about this? I wasn't looking but saw Pancrate with his arms out as if to say to everyone to calm it.

I didn't see Smith take a swing at him but they did go near head to head and it was Van Aanholt that separated them. As soon as the final whistle went Smith went straight up to him and they shook hands/hugged.

That would allegedly make him the second player in this calender year he's fell out with. He needs to sort it.

quite a lot was made of it at the time on radio newcastle. they also reckoned smith was lucky to stay on after numerous stupid fouls after being booked.

Guest jeffers09

:clap:  Great videos mate

What are the lyrics to dont wanna go home

still cant make them out propley 

God knows what i was singing saturday  :facepalm:

:clap:  Great videos mate

What are the lyrics to dont wanna go home

still cant make them out propley 

God knows what i was singing saturday  :facepalm:

Come on you Geordies sing,

We know we're gonna win,

Geordie boys will drink wherever we go,

Don't wanna go home, don't wanna go hooooome,

This is the best/worst trip, I've ever been on.

It was a brilliant atmosphere from us, considering absolutely nothing was coming from the Watford fans.

What did you expect? Standard Watford crowd. You were 'ok', really good at times, but silent for ages, but then that match hardly provided much to shout about for anyone (other than anyone shouting AT the officials).

It was a brilliant atmosphere from us, considering absolutely nothing was coming from the Watford fans.

What did you expect? Standard Watford crowd. You were 'ok', really good at times, but silent for ages, but then that match hardly provided much to shout about for anyone (other than anyone shouting AT the officials).

Nah, fair points. I didn't know what to expect, I'd never been to Watford or seen you play at home.

I know what you mean about the Newcastle fans though, we were quiet at times but that was mainly because the game was sorted out quite easily without that much to shout about.

Also, I was getting fucking soaked in the second row of your stone age ground.