Would you pass the UK Citizenship Test?

James

http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk/

75% is pass, I got 50%. Probably about 90% is stuff the average Brit wouldn't need to know, and if they did could easily look up on the net. Immigration should be decided on expected social and economic contribution (i.e. the cost of them living here should be less than the benefit they'll give the UK) with a small allowance for genuine refugees, and not on whether they can memorise several useless facts.

I raced through it and got:

Questions answered correctly: 17 out of 24 (71%)

Time taken: 05 minutes

I'll be honest though, I didn't have a clue for some of them so I've been quite lucky somewhere. Half of it was useless garbage, that no-one should have to know.

45% :nope:  :weep: in about 5 minutes

Right, well it's deportation for you, sunshine. :knuppel2:

I'll starting packing my bags  :geordiesathome:

:coat:

Wait, wait, wait!!! Not so fast!! There's a tiebreaker question. Answer this correctly and you can stay: are you a honky?

13 out of 24. I guessed most though :laugh: Why should anyone have to know how many muslims there were in the UK 9 years ago like?

Oh I wonder why...

Think it through...2001? Muslims? :doh:

http://www.latinopundit.com/tragedy-9-11-twin-tower.JPG

13 out of 24. I guessed most though :laugh: Why should anyone have to know how many muslims there were in the UK 9 years ago like?

Excatly.  The test is a disgrace tbf.  The question about when women could divorce in the 19th century tickled me, what the fuck has that got to do with the present? as long as you accept it and support the law, that's all that matters.  Knowing the precise year is fucking irrelevant.

Oh I wonder why...

Think it through...2001? Muslims? :doh:

http://www.latinopundit.com/tragedy-9-11-twin-tower.JPG

Of course I got that, but ass it's a test for UK citizenship, wouldn't it make more sense to have the question how many muslims there were in 2005? Not that it's interesting at all anyway.

50% and failed.

Some of the questions were a bit daft, like what percentage of the population of the UK are 19 or under, or when did women get the right to divorce their husbands. That's guesswork, not general knowledge.

to be honest if we all revised for that exam we'd do better.  I'm really shocked that these are the type of questions being used.  Really should be questions about how people react to social issues and integration, not random questions on the population and history.