Llambias on SSN

Happy Face

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias believes owner Mike Ashley has proved his commitment to supporters this season.

Ashley has received criticism in the past from a section of Newcastle fans, unhappy at his handling of the club.

The Magpies were relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season and there was uncertainty about matters off the field, with no permanent manager in place and Ashley looking to sell.

However, Ashley took the club off the market last October when Chris Hughton was officially confirmed as boss.

Newcastle continue to set the pace at the top of the Championship and Llambias feels Ashley deserves to take much of the credit for his financial backing.

"You can't lose the income we have lost in relegation and still be where we are, so Mike has put in £25million in December," Llambias told Sky Sports News.

"He has put in another £5milllion this week, so he is committed.

"We bought £5.5million worth of players in January. We needed to freshen up the team and support our manager."

Passion

Llambias insists Ashley has now won over the majority of supporters, who realise where the club could be without him.

"It is a passion. They are great fans," he stated.

"There is a very small section of fans that are basically not reasonable, there is no reality to where they are.

"I am hoping that we get there and we'll see what happens next season.

"The reality is that if Mike had not taken the club, we would be in a mess."

Llambias maintains that the club are still not for sale after previously interested parties failed to keep their end of the bargain.

"No it is not up for sale. There is no money out there. Football is not what it was," he explained.

"We had two possible buyers and they didn't put their money up so at the end of the day they are not real."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5999998,00.html

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias believes owner Mike Ashley has proved his commitment to supporters this season.

Ashley has received criticism in the past from a section of Newcastle fans, unhappy at his handling of the club.

The Magpies were relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season and there was uncertainty about matters off the field, with no permanent manager in place and Ashley looking to sell.

However, Ashley took the club off the market last October when Chris Hughton was officially confirmed as boss.

Newcastle continue to set the pace at the top of the Championship and Llambias feels Ashley deserves to take much of the credit for his financial backing.

"You can't lose the income we have lost in relegation and still be where we are, so Mike has put in £25million in December," Llambias told Sky Sports News.

"He has put in another £5milllion this week, so he is committed.

"We bought £5.5million worth of players in January. We needed to freshen up the team and support our manager."

Passion

Llambias insists Ashley has now won over the majority of supporters, who realise where the club could be without him.

"It is a passion. They are great fans," he stated.

"There is a very small section of fans that are basically not reasonable, there is no reality to where they are.

"I am hoping that we get there and we'll see what happens next season.

Llambias maintains that the club are still not for sale after previously interested parties failed to keep their end of the bargain.

"No it is not up for sale. There is no money out there. Football is not what it was," he explained.

"We had two possible buyers and they didn't put their money up so at the end of the day they are not real."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5999998,00.html

:lol: FUCK OFF

Fucking hell man. :lol:

I have said I can be won over but don't let Llamliar kid us that Ashley is some kind of Moses like character. Del had been  little bit quiet of late it was only a matter time before he re-opened his gob & pissed people off. Must have took a few weeks back at work for him to get back into the swing of things since his little mid-season holiday as reported in The Sunday Sun.

The thread title's (deliberate?) misconstruction of Llambias's words basically proves that what the guy was actually saying ("There is a very small section of fans that are basically not reasonable, there is no reality to where they are.") is essentially correct.

Congrats on the own goal.

We bought £5.5million worth of players in January.

How does that break down?

Routledge - £1.75m

Best - £1.5m

Williamson - £1.5m

Simpson - £750k

?

Was it not

Routledge - Undisclosed

Best - Undisclosed

Williamson - Undisclosed

Simpson - Undisclosed

+ signing on fees - Undisclosed

= number Del wants.

Funny thing is, if they just kept their mouths shut, got on with it and got us promotion, they genuinely would get a lot more people back onside. It's the constant fanning of the flames. Llambias needs to sit down with Mort and learn if he's going to feed the fans bullshit at least do it with some creativity and tenacity.

Guest Roger Kint

We bought £5.5million worth of players in January.

How does that break down?

Routledge - £1.75m

Best - £1.5m

Williamson - £1.5m

Simpson - £750k

?

I listened to it and that article is wrong./ He said 'worth £5m' NOT paid, clever little difference

The thread title's (deliberate?) misconstruction of Llambias's words basically proves that what the guy was actually saying ("There is a very small section of fans that are basically not reasonable, there is no reality to where they are.") is essentially correct.

I thought I was being very balanced by just putting the facts in there and not commenting.

I don't see how I've misconstrued him.

Of course, there is always a small section of any group of hundreds of thousands of people that are detached from reality.  But he's suggesting the majority of supporters appreciate what Ashley has done for us...and that's not true.

Fucking hell man. :lol:

I have said I can be won over but don't let Llamliar kid us that Ashley is some kind of Moses like character. Del had been little bit quiet of late it was only a matter time before he re-opened his gob & pissed people off. Must have took a few weeks back at work for him to get back into the swing of things since his little mid-season holiday as reported in The Sunday Sun.

Turned us down for Wigan man. Keep up.

Could anyone seriously have expected Fred to have put £20m of his own money into Newcastle in any one year?

No & likewise I would not expect David Gill of MUFC or David Dein when he was at Arsenal or the kenyon when was Chelsea or MUFC.

Fuck off, Derek.

Would you rather be in our position right now or Portsmouths?

Fuck off, Derek.

Would you rather be in our position right now or Portsmouths?

I'd rather be in Spurs'