Llambias on SSN

Happy Face

. That seems to rely on Allardyce keeping the team in the Premiership.  The team that was playing in the couple of months before he was sacked was woeful.  It was demoralised, they had no idea what to do with the ball when we had it, they seemed incapable of creating chances and their heads dropped if they conceded, there was no backup plan for how to play if they were behind.  It took Keegan 8 games to turn it around and get them winning again.

I have absolutely no doubts that had we kept Allardyce we'd have been relegated that season

Completely agree. The football was awful, i couldn't see where our next points were coming from. One word to sum up Allardyce at Newcastle has to be 'Derby'.  I hated Fat Sam, and his football. KK's spell was brief but it reminded me of the good times, and we were starting to head in the right direction, and now Llambias is saying we're heading in the right direction again.

Maybe so, but it will take another 2-3 years at least get us back to where we were with KK's side at the end of 2007/2008  and the start of 2008/2009

That seems to rely on Allardyce keeping the team in the Premiership.  The team that was playing in the couple of months before he was sacked was woeful.  It was demoralised, they had no idea what to do with the ball when we had it, they seemed incapable of creating chances and their heads dropped if they conceded, there was no backup plan for how to play if they were behind.  It took Keegan 8 games to turn it around and get them winning again.

I have absolutely no doubts that had we kept Allardyce we'd have been relegated that season.

Completely agree. The football was awful, i couldn't see where our next points were coming from. One word to sum up Allardyce at Newcastle has to be 'Derby'.  I hated Fat Sam, and his football. KK's spell was brief but it reminded me of the good times, and we were starting to head in the right direction, and now Llambias is saying we're heading in the right direction again.

Maybe so, but it will take another 2-3 years at least get us back to where we were with KK's side at the end of 2007/2008  and the start of 2008/2009

Allardyce always maintained that because of the change of regime, they were not able to move for his first choice targets and he ended up getting 3rd and 4th choice players.  If Shepherd had stayed and backed Allardyce, it might have been different.  However, with the team he ended up with, I too am convinced we would have been relegated.

But in the end it is all hypothetical - we will never know what would have happened if Ashley had not bought the club.