Travelling!

neesy111

Basically i'm in a graduate scheme over the next 12 months still, but position is quite sketchy to whether going to be kept on or not!  so i'm going to save hard over the next 12 months to go travelling for 3-4 months?

I believe I'll have around £6500 to £8000 for it?  will this be enough for those who have done it!

Guest icemanblue

I'm planning on taking £5k spending money with me for just over two weeks in Japan. :lol:

EDIT: Probably handy that you're not planning on going there!

More than enough. Where you thinking of going?

Aussie then New Zealand, maybe thailand as well!

think it should be enough, to do everything which i want to do etc

Thailand is cheap as chips. Australia is slightly more expensive than here, NZ is slightly cheaper than here.

Its all down to what you do when you're there. I think I spent more in NZ than any of the other countries i went to as there is a ridiculous amount of things to do.

Its not long to see Australia though. Its fucking massive.

I got told to estimate spending a grand a month including your ticket if you're backpacking in the traditionally sense - staying in hostels, cheap transport around, not eating at posh restaurants etc. and id say thats about right.

More than enough. Where you thinking of going?

Aussie then New Zealand, maybe thailand as well!

think it should be enough, to do everything which i want to do etc

Thailand is cheap as chips. Australia is slightly more expensive than here, NZ is slightly cheaper than here.

Its all down to what you do when you're there. I think I spent more in NZ than any of the other countries i went to as there is a ridiculous amount of things to do.

Its not long to see Australia though. Its fucking massive.

I got told to estimate spending a grand a month including your ticket if you're backpacking in the traditionally sense - staying in hostels, cheap transport around, not eating at posh restaurants etc. and id say thats about right.

nice1, cheers

that's what i'm planning on doing, just a backpack, camera and wallet!  as long i have enough money to do stuff, when i'm at the places i am etc

Guest BooBoo

The whole idea of backpacking round the world has never really appealed. I certainly wouldn't fancy dossing in some Thailand hostel. I like hotel comforts too much.

The whole idea of backpacking round the world has never really appealed. I certainly wouldn't fancy dossing in some Thailand hostel. I like hotel comforts too much.

I think the whole point of Thailand is that a decent hotel is hostel prices, non?

I think the whole point of Thailand is that a decent hotel is hostel prices, non?

yeap, u get a lot more for your POUND their

Aye, hotels are cheap as fuck and theres loads of them, not so many traditional hostel type places.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've got the travel bug myself. I'm going to Tunisia in June for 2 weeks with wor lass, then towards the end of the year we'll be going away for a month, hopefully visiting a few places rather than the one place. I quite fancy Asia or Africa myself, although the more I think about it the more South America appeals to me, places like Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Mexico.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

I'm planning on taking £5k spending money with me for just over two weeks in Japan. :lol:

???

Two questions;

1.) What do you do that allows you to spare 5k on spending money

2.) What the hell are  you going to spend 5 grand on!? I know Japan is a hub of technology but seriously that's nuts.

Guest icemanblue

???

Two questions;

2.) What the hell are  you going to spend 5 grand on!? I know Japan is a hub of technology but seriously that's nuts.

What's with your obsession with what I'm spending, man? Anything I post in the 'Materialism' thread is guaranteed to have a post from you asking 'how much?'. The point of taking that much with me is to be able to do whatever we want, whilst still having enough to buy random electronics and shit.

Guest Heneage

???

Two questions;

What's with your obsession with what I'm spending, man? Anything I post in the 'Materialism' thread is guaranteed to have a post from you asking 'how much?'. The point of taking that much with me is to be able to do whatever we want, whilst still having enough to buy random electronics and s***.

Anything? :lol:

Your toy gun is it. It was just a question considering 5k is a lot to be taking on holiday...

Guest icemanblue

???

Two questions;

What's with your obsession with what I'm spending, man? Anything I post in the 'Materialism' thread is guaranteed to have a post from you asking 'how much?'. The point of taking that much with me is to be able to do whatever we want, whilst still having enough to buy random electronics and s***.

Anything? :lol:

Your toy gun is it. It was just a question considering 5k is a lot to be taking on holiday...

Couple of minutes searching brings up this:

http://www.diffusiononline.co.uk/pics/1251119939IMG_0781JPG

Straight balling, yo.

How much?

For a holiday to Magaluf or Faliraki, it would be too much. For Japan, where I spent close to 2 grand last time, it's not.