China opens up the big game.

Parky

"CHINA and the leaders of about 50 African countries ended their largest meeting in Beijing yesterday, announcing trade agreements worth about $1.9 billion (£1 billion).

They also reached agreement on a package of loans and credits to improve China’s ties with the continent."

Here we go.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2439228,00.html

I was reading about this the other day and they have linked it into U.N. votes (African) in the Taiwan issue as well.

Classic flanking manouvre by the Chinese and sure to set off alarm bells with a Washington that is already in dissarray.

"On Saturday President Hu Jintao promised African nations $3 billion in preferential loans and $2 billion in preferential buyer’s credits, and said that China would double its aid to Africa by 2009."

China will be relatively quiet until the Olympics have finished in 2 years time then the REAL muscle flexing will start.

Taiwan is an obvious area of conflict but keep an eye on the South China Sea for the most probable flashpoint

The only trouble is that most East Asians see black people as "monkeys" (whereas we white folk see them as Slaves of course)

makes for a difficult working relationship - I know I've seen it...........

The only trouble is that most East Asians see black people as "monkeys" (whereas we white folk see them as Slaves of course)

makes for a difficult working relationship - I know I've seen it...........

Heh, there was all kinds of hassle in Milton Keynes when the Japs started moving in, regarding general discrimination against Blacks and the like. "Lazy criminals" was their general opinion of them.

What's up with the South China sea?

Lots and lots of oil and gas.

There are a couple of problems with the area tho - namely about 6 different countries claiming the rights to the energy resources.

Add that to the fact that 3/4 of japans oil passes thru the area and China is desperate for more energy and  - well you know the rest

What's up with the South China sea?

Lots and lots of oil and gas.

There are a couple of problems with the area tho - namely about 6 different countries claiming the rights to the energy resources.

Add that to the fact that 3/4 of japans oil passes thru the area and China is desperate for more energy and - well you know the rest

PERHAPS lots of oil & gas - every time someone goes to take a look one  or two of the others sends a frigate or their airforce to chase folks away.........