Anyone from/been to Chicago on here?

TRC

Guest lankybellwipe

I have not been to Chicago, Illinois, or the United States of America!

One day, I hope to change that.  :pow:

Just go, man, Lanky. You've spent all this time perfectly your Americanese after all.

Guest lankybellwipe

Just go, man, Lanky. You've spent all this time perfectly your Americanese after all.

You're right K-man! I relly should practise my accent so that I can blend in dowtown and that..............

"What am I fockin asshole! I'm in the fockin pretend mafia you fock! Go fock yo mutha! Hey! Yo motha's so fat isn't she! Very fat............ portly!"

Guest lankybellwipe

Lanky, if ever someone is talking to you about Chicago, refer to it as "Chi-Town" (pronounced shy), it'll make you seem cool and knowledgeable.

Whys it called Chi-Town like?

Lanky, if ever someone is talking to you about Chicago, refer to it as "Chi-Town" (pronounced shy), it'll make you seem cool and knowledgeable.

Dunno tbh, just a nickname.

Some of the rap folk call it that.

Guest lankybellwipe

Dunno tbh, just a nickname.

Some of the rap folk call it that.

Shearer!!  :clap2:

Only place in the States i've been to and was with work, but it's an ace city, I'd recommend going to watch the Cubs play (i went to watch the Sox, which was great fun, but Cubs is supposed to be better), if you get the chance the best thing I did was about an hour drive out to watch Notre Dame University play college football, never seen anything like it, 100,000 people going crazy, a fighter plane basically coming into the stadium just before kick off, best sporting 'spectacle' i've ever seen.

There's also a sky bar somewhere in Chicago... Not sure where as just got taken there after the football, but looks out over the whole city and is really spectacular late at night. A good friend of mine / my old boss was born and bred there, still goes back 5 or 6 times a year, if there was anything specific you wanted i'm sure i could find out.

Oh, steaks, they do awesome steaks there.

Not from there but travel there on business 5 - 6 times a year.

2 things worth checking out:

Rush Street on a Friday night. I just wander down and check out the music scene.

Cubs game. Baseball is boring but Americans entertain themselves better than anyone on earth. There is so much going on that it is easy to be distracted. The beer is p*ss...

Enjoy!

Love Chicago, you can see live music every night of the week in great venues. Saw BB King at the House of Blues last time i was there. Oh yes! Worth going to as the venue is cool and there are loads of good artists on. Best to find something in the busy drinking area of the city, the name of which escapes me.

Loved this place for a great meal, dining experience and atmosphere http://www.fogodechao.com/menu/dining-experience/

Am in San Fran at the moment, its lush too, definitely as good for going out as Chicago but a very different vibe.