Barcelona Derby

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

I'm on a stag do in April on a weekend that happens to coincide with the Espanyol v Barcelona match in the Olympic Stadium. Does anyone know how I can acquire tickets for a reasonable price? The online agencies charge a fortune (bearing in mind Spanish football tickets are normally quite cheap in comparison to English match tickets) and there's a lot of dodgy companies anyway. What about buying a ticket when I get out there? Any ideas on where to purchase or how much I could pick one up for? It would probably just be me going as the rest of the lads fly back on the Sunday (day of the match) but I haven't booked my flights yet so might come back on the Monday instead if I know I can get a ticket.

Guest Roger Kint

Dont think you can get cheap Barca or Madrid tickets anymore, last time i tried it was a disgrace so unless you know somebody who can go in person am not sure how you will get around the prices.

Yo.

Espanyol-Barça are pretty weird games to get tickets for, and until the date approaches one doesn't know how it's going to work. Last year only Espanyol club members were allowed to purchase tickets, for "security" reasons, so the only way to get them were through resale websites (incredibly expensive) or if you knew a club member.

Otherwise, this is the site to buy tickets for any of the Barcelona teams at base prices (with a nominal surcharge for third party ticketing). Most of the time I get them through there, unless it's a high demand game, when you gotta go and queue at the ticket office the day they go out.

www.servicaixa.es

There's a caveat, though, and that is that I have never tried buying tickets with a non-Spanish credit card and it might be restricted to the Spanish market (in the same way you can't buy in the USA I-tunes with a non-yank card, etc...). You can probably test it buying tickets for any other game and just not confirming the sale.

In the case of Espanyol, though, you can also buy tickets straight off them.

http://www.rcdespanyol.com/ticketing2/index.php

The problem is... that this is a derby game. If Espanyol sells tickets openly again this year, they will sell out pretty quickly and I'm not sure you'll have much chance of catching them online. They can't fill their stadium on their own though, last year with the "members only" policy they only got something like 85% attendance  :iamatwat:

So you gotta wait until news come out and see if you can get them through any of these two sites.

Along the same lines, but not in Spain, how can I get cheap Ajax tickets if anyone knows? You got to be living in Netherlands to buy ticket only, otherwise you have to spend a fortune on hospitality packages.

Along the same lines, but not in Spain, how can I get cheap Ajax tickets if anyone knows? You got to be living in Netherlands to buy ticket only, otherwise you have to spend a fortune on hospitality packages.

Something like that might be worth turning up to the ground and chancing your arm from a tout. (Probably won't be cheap)

Guest Geordiesned

I've booked my flight out now but holding off on the return flight. If I am going to stop the extra night for the match I'll just get myself into a hostel for the night.