How well is MA performing

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am doing this solely due to the number of comments i have read on here after the Barnsley game, about MA, and in regards to the hopefully impending promotion.

Here are the things which i think count as the roles for the owner to do, and marks correspond to importance. HYopefully this will be a more constructive way of looking at his performance.

Manager selection                                  /2

Backing the Manger                                /1

Strategy                                                /2

Finances                                                /2

Media management                              /1

General runnming of the club                /2

I gave 6

Manager selection                                  1/2

Backing the Manger                                1/1

Strategy                                                2/2

Finances                                                1/2

Media management                              0/1

General runnming of the club                1/2

Manager selection                                  0/2 - didn't really 'select' anyone did he? Has got lucky with Hughton imo.

Backing the Manger                                1/1 - january went ok

Strategy                                                0/2 - doesn't seem to have one

Finances                                                1/2

Total: 3

Manager selection                                  2/2

Backing the Manger                                1/1

Strategy                                                ?/2

Finances                                                2/2

Il give him a 6. And while he has got 'lucky' with Hughton doesn't matter because we're top of the league and I'm just looking for promotion. What happens from thereon is another thing we can acess in a years time or os.

I have disliked his general running of the club, although I believe if he is given a second chance he won't disappoint. If the finances that the media is giving us are true, than he's done a heck of job.

He has also backed Hughton in the January window getting in players with the right age. However I don't know his strategy so it's hard to comment on that.

He's a footballing revolutionary. Deliberately getting us relegated so we can get rid of the high earners and putting us on sound financial footing as he could see what was coming in the world of football.

He's a footballing revolutionary. Deliberately getting us relegated so we can get rid of the high earners and putting us on sound financial footing as he could see what was coming in the world of football.

So it was you who gave him the 10.  :lol:

Guest Phil K

His running of the club didnt start this season, so overall he's still on a 0 at most

Harsh.

In a schoolish-report card you'd have "Must improve dramatically, not remotely good enough" last seasons end

This season maybe "Improved, but still far short of requirement. Can do better, but at last heading, albeit slowly, in right direction"

His running of the club didnt start this season, so overall he's still on a 0 at most

Harsh.

In a schoolish-report card you'd have "Must improve dramatically, not remotely good enough" last seasons end

This season maybe "Improved, but still far short of requirement. Can do better, but at last heading, albeit slowly, in right direction"

Ive seen some on here say we're heading in the right direction but untill next season we dont know where we're heading, if all weve got to look forward to is avoiding relegation for the forseeable future, spending as little as possible, then thats not the right direction at all. if on the other hand we avoid relegation next season and push on after that then fair enough I'll agree that we are.

but at the moment ???

I'd say about a 4 overall.

His intentions when he bought the club were alright I think, he was just naive about staying up without spending anything, and being a friend of the fans.

We are headed back to the premiership now, time will tell if we can survive this time. Whether this is by accident or design I don't know, but he has to be given some credit for the end result anyway.

Almost every other decision, he's got wrong.

Are these marks for this season only or since the beginning? 

4 if the former, 1 if the latter. 

Surely if it was only for this season he would deserve much higher than a 4? We're top of the league and we've made some good signings.