Busking

Keefaz

This guy:

inspired me to start this here thread! What great or unusual buskers have you seen? Have you heard anyone play a weird song or instrument?

I always liked the idea in one of Nick Hornby's books of a busker who stalks other buskers and plays whatever song they're playing except five seconds late. :lol:

The one on northumberland street recently is annoying. Everytime I walk past him he's playing loosing my religion, I'm not sure if he can play anythign else.

Their was an eatern Europien woman who was always at either KFC in grainger St or outside Marks and Sparks on Northumberland St who had a guitar and always played the same note over and over again.

I saw an unbelievable busker in Montpellier. He was playing some kind of strange Chinese/Japanese 'clarinet': massive instrument made in bamboo which resonated. Absolutely breathtakingly beautiful: right up there with the best musicians I've ever heard. The whole square was absolutely spellbound.

Their was an eatern Europien woman who was always at either KFC in grainger St or outside Marks and Sparks on Northumberland St who had a guitar and always played the same note over and over again.

Like the Tenacious D "1 Note Song"

12th fret, d string :D

The best buskers I ever saw were in an underpass near Red Square in Moscow in the early 90s: A string quartet, all obviously highly trained musicians but dressed in ragged, down-on-their-luck denims, playing some extremely melancholy classical piece. I stopped to listen for a while, as did loads of other people. There was quite a crowd.

The one on northumberland street recently is annoying. Everytime I walk past him he's playing loosing my religion, I'm not sure if he can play anythign else.

there was a busker in nottingham who's big thing was to do requests, any song, but after accepting requests always done squeeze's "up the junction"

there was a busker in nottingham who's big thing was to do requests, any song, but after accepting requests always done squeeze's "up the junction"

Class. :lol:

Like the Tenacious D "1 Note Song"

12th fret, d string :D

You gotta bend it every so often though!

:lol:  everyone knows her!

there's also an eastern European woman now who stands outside BHS on Northumberland St with some creepy miniature dolls that move about and music plays.  Total lack of effort tbf.  That doesn't warrant my money.

Saw an old, almost identical some might say, gypsy woman outside the Pompidou centre in Paris. And she also just played one note! Maybe it's actually a genuine Romany musical style?

Yesterday there was a canny eastern European band with all sorts of instruments on Northumberland street. I saw a black guy dancing to it so it must have been good.

Also, has anyone saw the Bosnian woman who has a plastic set of mechanical children who play awful music and all she does is sit there and wind them up.

Class. :lol:

it was great to watch and he actually done it well.

"right then ladies and gents that was up the junction by squeeze....any requests ?"

"can you do david soul's silver lady"

"certainly can, i know that one....................1,2,3,4 i never thought it would happen with me and the girl from clapham"

Thought this was going to be "how much can I earn per hour?" upon clicking.

There used to be a brilliant one that stood outside HMV on Northumberland Street, two blokes, one with a keyboard and the other with a guitar, used to play totally disjointed, incomprehensible music. Hardly anyone gave them any money, although I remember one mint bloke walking past, chucking a quid in the guitar case and exclaiming "if you stop playing I'll give you a fucking twenty" :lol: