Shearer in USA from Today

Nobby

Further promotional work for Umbro sees Alan Shearer in America, as a guest at the United Soccer Leagues Soccerfest event.

The event runs at a variety of locations in Tampa, Florida from November 16th to 21st.

Al is lined up to sign autographs at a ticket -only event on Saturday.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/home/155606.html

TAMPA, FL – The 2006 USL SoccerFest, featuring the USL Annual General Meeting and Super Y-League North American Finals, begins Thursday in Tampa, Florida running through November 21. Highlights of the week include a guest appearance and autograph session with international and English Premiership great Alan Shearer, a coaching symposium featuring Shearer and Portuguese Youth National Team Technical Director Agostinho Oliveira, the Hall of Fame Awards Dinner, the USL Players’ Village, the 20th Anniversary Celebration and the Fox Soccer Channel Showcase match.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4833/picture3xr8.png

Additional USL SoccerFest Activities

Alan Shearer Autograph Session (Saturday, Nov. 18)

Alan Shearer’s involvement comes courtesy of United Soccer Leagues and USL SoccerFest sponsor UMBRO, who have provided Shearer with product for his whole career. Having hung up his boots last season, Shearer is participating in a tour of international soccer nations as an ambassador for UMBRO and will arrive in Tampa fresh from recently visiting Australia and New Zealand. Distribution of tickets at the Ed Radice Sports Complex for the Shearer autograph session will begin at 4:00 pm ET Saturday, November 18 at the Players’ Village. Over 100 fans will get the opportunity to meet the former international or receive his autograph beginning at 5:15 pm.

USL Coaching Symposium (Friday, Nov. 17 & Saturday, Nov. 18)

The symposium will feature English Premier League great Alan Shearer, Portuguese Youth National Team Technical Director Agostinho Oliveira and former NASL and MISL standout Tony Glavin. The first day of the Coaching Symposium will be held at the Tampa Hyatt Regency, the host hotel of the 2006 USL SoccerFest and site of the USL Annual General Meeting. The second day will be held at the Ed Radice Sports Complex, one of two sites for the Super Y-League North American Finals. Coaches can register online at www.USLsoccerFest.com through Wednesday, November 15 at 5:00 pm ET to attend the symposium.

Guest TampaToon

I hope Shearer stays there.

wouldn't mind shearer buying a nice house and setting up shop in my city...the weather's worlds apart from the northeast of england, it's about 75 degrees, sunny and breezy here at the moment...

go figure, alan shearer happens to show up in my backyard for one day only, and i'll be out of town