REALITY CHECK: PREM FOOTBALL IS VERY DIFFERENT!!

buzza

Simon Bird mentioned Shearer's comment in the Mirror and he has a very valid point; "Wolves scored for fun in the championship last season (80) and have only managed 20 from 28 games this season".

We have to be realistic, we have only come up against good opposition twice this season (Forest & WBA) and they both gave us a good lesson in how to play passing football. I have only been to 4 games at st james this season and have seen a few on live streaming but the one thing that sticks is the crap level of football played in the championship, carefull with what we pray for next season, mid table mediocrity would be fine for me....

We certainly won't be able to play well for 15 minutes and win a game on the back of that when we go up.

First priority is a top striker and some central midfielders.

Guest Stephen927

Did we really score only 20 goals in the first 28 matches? :lol:

Thats Wolves record this season.

Did we really score only 20 goals in the first 28 matches? :lol:

Thats Wolves record this season.

Oh alright, that makes alot more sense. I think it is worth considering that the lack of goals also has alot to do with the way that the team sets up now. They are likely to play much more negative lineups than they did last season.

For what it's worth I think that 'footballing championship sides are far more likely to struggle in the prem than non-footballing sides. I'm not saying that we'll be fine next year btw, we need a good few new, and decent signings to achieve mid-table.

If we are promoted and don't strengthen significantly we will do well to get 15 points. But don't worry lads, fat ash knows what he's doing.

I'm pretty sure you were predicting we'd struggle this season as well mind. Oh well...better luck next season.

On the flip side the Birmingham team who finished 2nd scoring only 54 goals in 46 games are now 9th.

fair point and there are comparisons between us and them the main one being the solid defence and grinding out wins, we're not a free scoring side really (except recently at home)

If we are promoted and don't strengthen significantly we will do well to get 15 points. But don't worry lads, fat ash knows what he's doing.

I'm pretty sure you were predicting we'd struggle this season as well mind. Oh well...better luck next season.

Yes, I did predict that.

What do you mean by better luck next season? Oh well...I'm not surprised some want the club relegated. Sad to see, tbh.

What I am trying to say is that we have walked the league so far with a lot of luck as far as I am concerned, we have had many a game when we should have been beaten or at least drawn as we only played for spells. Our recent run of form excepted...

We are all probably expecting (my deluded self included) that we will be playing around lower mid table but relatively safe from relegation spots, I can't see it:

-Coloccini is playing well in the championship...

-Taylor is prone to errors, simpson is not the answer nor raylor

-Enrique is prem material.

-Smith, Butt, Nolan, Guthrie, Pancrate are all championship standard

-Jonas is King...Long live the King!

-Caroll, Lovenkrands, Shola, Best....Any of em' guarantee 15 goals? even 10?

As it says...Reality Check.

P.S. Sorry if it's a bit obvious and we're all on a high after beating  Barnsley 6-1 :)