Tax on Dogs

James

I see Labour want to force dog owners to "insure" each dog in case it eats someone. Papers are saying £600 per year.

Fucking pathetic. All will happen is strays, more "illegal" dogs and more healthy dogs put down. Meanwhile you can bet that those with illegal killer breeds will still do nothing about their dog.

I'd say putting down the chavs who own dangerous dogs will be a better idea, solves the problem, and saves much more on benefits than the insurance would raise.

Guest Stephen927

I pay road tax and theres still fucking potholes in the road, sort that out then I'll tax wor lass.

Guest toonlass

Really is the stupidest thing I have heard from Labour today. Although it does seem to be a pre-requisite to being a charva these days, to have a bull terrier not on a lead while wandering the streets whining nasily and drinking white lightning, while of course having your tracksuit pants tucked in your socks.

Guest elbee909

They should tax them and they should include money to pay for picking shit off the streets.

Bloody right.  I'd ban them from cities.

Its crazy s*** like, my dog is insured anyway but still that should be personal choice.

most pet insurance has a bit built in for legal cover (most up to £1mill) and the most expensive life cover i can find is £26 pcm........where is this £600 per year coming from.

I think it could be a good idea. The state requires car-insurance by law, so why not?

It would cost just a few quid for a harmless little thing (obviously it's only going to need to be equivalent to third-party car insurance), it's probably fair enough that more dangerous breeds of dogs should have a price attached. Stick in all kinds of no-claims discounts, post-code discounts, age discounts etc. and it would probably be targeted at those who we may wish to discourage the ownership of dangerous dogs in.

Not sure how they'll enforce it though. Presume something similar to TV licenses (where dog sellers will have to inform some department of each dog sold and to whom).

I think it could be a good idea. The state requires car-insurance by law, so why not?

It would cost just a few quid for a harmless little thing (obviously it's only going to need to be equivalent to third-party car insurance), it's probably fair enough that more dangerous breeds of dogs should have a price attached. Stick in all kinds of no-claims discounts, post-code discounts, age discounts etc. and it would probably be targeted at those who we may wish to discourage the ownership of dangerous dogs in.

Not sure how they'll inforce it though. Presume something similar to TV licenses (where dog sellers will have to inform some department of each dog sold and to whom).

dog licenses were done away with originally as it was too hard to enforce and nearlt everyone ignored it.

Yeah, it's a big issue. Much easier with cars obviously, as the state knows who owns every car and if they're insured, and can check any number plate that passes a CCTV camera.

Dogs would be more of an issue. Checking people in the streets is probably excessive.

Compulsory neutering of all psycho breeds. Jail for those owners who don't comply.

we arent putting people away for running down police dogs whilst joyriding so i doubt not having your mut done will get a custodial.

unless when you say psycho breeds you mean the welsh,bristolians,men of stoke,glaswegians,bykerwallahs ?

Compulsory neutering of all psycho breeds. Jail for those owners who don't comply.

we arent putting people away for running down police dogs whilst joyriding so i doubt not having your mut done will get a custodial.

unless when you say psycho breeds you mean the welsh,bristolians,men of stoke,glaswegians,bykerwallahs ?

http://firstbuildgod.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/hitler-smiley.thumbnail.jpg

I pay road tax and theres still fucking potholes in the road, sort that out then I'll tax wor lass.

If they can't fix the potholes on the road then do you honestly think they will fix the potholes on your lass's face?

Anyway it's a shit idea and will never ever happen, if it does happen though, does anyone want one of my dogs?