DLC

Fugazi

How much longer can companies keep bringing out new maps in DLC? Just saw the tease for the new MW2 map pack, are people happy to just get multiplayer add-ons? Or should other areas be considered?

Guest Stephen927

This is apparently what you will get

Maps

(Follow up-video of leaked photos soon)

Flashback Pack

- Crash

- Overgrown

- Shipment

Stimulus pack

- Complex

- Compact

- Storm

Add-ons to MW2 when Stimulus Pack is Purchased:

- Set of 20 Challenges with unlockable Emblems and Titles

- 3 Perks (see below)

- 3 New Weapons

- 5 new Spec-ops missions (Foxtrot)

- several online modes will be added on release of map pack

additional add-on info:

Challenges - The challenges are undetermined (10 Titles, 10 Emblems)

Perks - 3 new Perks

Quickhands: Swap weapons faster Pro: ?

Overkill: Two Primary Weapons Pro: ?

Heterochromiac: Toggle Thermal Vision pro: ?

Weapons - 3 new weapons for Multiplayer (no new attachments)

Sub - Machine guns: Skopion

Sniper Rifles: Dragonuv

Spec ops Missions: 5 new cooperative levels Special Operations

Foxtrot (F in the military phonetic alphabet after Echo)

Missions are unknown at this point

That's not a bad piece of DLC tbf.

Activision will think they can release anything MW-related and people will still buy though, so what goes for MW2 does not equal what goes for the rest of the industry.

Personally, I think DLC like we've seen with GTA, Fallout 3, Borderlands and Resident Evil 5 is the way to go, i.e offer new story driven content, preferably that somehow changes the experience from the original game (The last couple of Borderlands DLC and the Lost in Nightmares DLC for Resident Evil 5 are excellent examples of this).

I think it's a bit harsh to say that a change might be needed, because IMO, we are already moving forward from three-maps DLC.

Having weapons/perks in a DLC is a bit unfair advantage on people without the DLC, thought it was against the rules of DLC?

"Quickhands: Swap weapons faster Pro: ?"  is that not One man army??

They can't be serious at allowing people to swap between thermal or not.. it's the most nooby thing I've ever seen.. Might as well just have an aim bot and not even look at the screen when you fire.

Shipment was crap.

Was the boat or that tiny map? Either way, they were both crap.

The Boat. Total nade fest and far too linear. And I agree totally with that Legacy ^.

Edit - no it was the small one. Got mixed up. Still why they're remaking that I don't know.

The EA way is better I think. If you've bought the game brand new, you get the DLC for free. If you've bought it pre-owned, you have to pay for it. I have zero complaints with that approach...

How much longer can companies keep bringing out new maps in DLC? Just saw the tease for the new MW2 map pack, are people happy to just get multiplayer add-ons? Or should other areas be considered?

I'm happy with multiplayer addons for games where the main target is multiplayer

but what i am not happy with is the timed exclusive DLC model.

I think its a fookin outright disgrace that players on one console dont get content at the same time as the others when they pay the same money for the product.

Its also a disgrace(if true) that some of teh DLC content for MW2 is already on the disc

and paying extra unlocks it

The EA way is better I think. If you've bought the game brand new, you get the DLC for free. If you've bought it pre-owned, you have to pay for it. I have zero complaints with that approach...

:nods: Got me to buy Mass Effect and Battlefield brand new.

I have heard the maps are already on the disk you're just paying to unlock them.

That was the case with the extra costumes on SFIV.

And the VIP content for Bad Company 2...

I have heard the maps are already on the disk you're just paying to unlock them.

And the VIP content for Bad Company 2...

That's free though

Guest BooBoo

For MW2 it would have been good to see a perk introduced that disables opponents killcam. Would greatly assist stealthy players. I am aware though not all game modes use killcam.

Guest Stephen927

It is a farce that we even have to pay for them but for them to be already on the disk which I have paid £40 retail for is an utter pisstake.

For MW2 it would have been good to see a perk introduced that disables opponents killcam. Would greatly assist stealthy players. I am aware though not all game modes use killcam.

Would probably increase the number of campers though.

Guest Stephen927

I'm not a fan of the points system either, I want to be able to put £10 into my gamertag and know where I stand with it, so say Ultimate Team add-on, £3.80 then they deduct it. It is annoying to buy 2100 points, and be left with a worthless 100 points or something like that. They are clever with the system cos you then have to buy more points..

I'm not a fan of the points system either, I want to be able to put £10 into my gamertag and know where I stand with it, so say Ultimate Team add-on, £3.80 then they deduct it. It is annoying to buy 2100 points, and be left with a worthless 100 points or something like that. They are clever with the system cos you then have to buy more points..

I read recently in one of the Xbox magazines that a lawyer has taken Microsoft to court over this very issue. Hopefully he wins the case.

A big problem comes when there is a game like Assassin's Creed 2 and they couldn't finish two of the memory sequences in time for shipment and then charged for them later.  They effectively shipped an unfinished game at full price and then made you pay extra for the rest of what should've been with the game when it shipped.  Totally unfair.