What if...?

beardsleymagic

We get promoted (not wanting to jump the gun, but that's why i put "if" in the title  ;D) but sign players deemed good enough only for back up. I'm not saying it will happen but just for arguments sake due to various factors thats what happens.

Would this team (if it stayed virtually injury free  :mackems: (yeah right)) have enough about it to make an impact in the top division?

Harper

Simpson   Taylor   Collo   Enrique

Routledge   Guthrie   Barton   Jonas

Nolan

Carol

You could argue that Smith might be in for Guthrie or Barton, but with the players available i think Houghton will probably go with Nolan off the striker like he does away from home mostly now.

We get promoted (not wanting to jump the gun, but that's why i put "if" in the title  ;D) but sign players deemed good enough only for back up. I'm not saying it will happen but just for arguments sake due to various factors thats what happens.

Would this team (if it stayed virtually injury free  :mackems: (yeah right)) have enough about it to make an impact in the top division?

Harper

Nolan

Carol

You could argue that Smith might be in for Guthrie or Barton, but with the players available i think Houghton will probably go with Nolan off the striker like he does away from home mostly now.

Presuming they all stayed fit (obviously never gonna happen) then there's a very slim chance that they would stay up.

It would be like watching Wimbledon mind and our possession percentage in the final third would probably go down as some sort of record low but we'd score the occasional goal from the occasional hoof and pack 10 men behind the ball enough to give us a hope I would guess.

Guest johnson293

With the expection of Simpson and Routledge, its basically the team that was relegated.

Still yet to be convinced of Colo at premiership level, and who knows how long Barton would stay fit/out of trouble.

So signings would be needed, and not just back-up - we'd need better players in a few positions, in my opinion.

Swap lovelypants for Nolan, or get a decent forward in and I would be kinda intrigued as to how that lot might do in the prem.

As you say, fitness aside, they might well be enough to stay up and even get the odd craking result once in a while.

/Add in a ballsy creative midfielder and a crackshot striker and by jove, the title may be within out grasp! O0

I will be very concerned about going straight back down if the squad isn't extensively strengthened in the summer. 

The squads most worrying disparity in regard to the Premiership clubs, but that is definitely not our soul issue, is physical.  The players we have will not compete physically with any squad in the Premier League and that would just about see scraping around at the base of the table - ultimately suffering relegation.

Guest Roger Kint

Definate relegation battle with that line-up imo. We could survive but it would be tighter than a vole's snatch.

Not as funny as mine dude.

Wrong ;D

I personally think our team, player for player is good enough to stay up. But unfortunately that means shit. I think there are probably 3 teams in the premier league at the moment that aren't as good as us.

I personally think our team, player for player is good enough to stay up. But unfortunately that means s***. I think there are probably 3 teams in the premier league at the moment that aren't as good as us.

Shame those three won't be there next season though!!

That team, now, in the prem would win a couple, draw a few and lose a lot.

Harper

Nolan

Carol

IT IS HUGHTON!!!  :lol:

To the question. I think if you change Nolan with Lovenkrands and put him upfront with Carroll then yes I think that team would stay up and finish not even close to the relegation area. Probably 12th or 13th something like that.

We won't be anywhere near relegation with that team. Just think of the teams that are currently struggling in the Premieship: Burnley, Wolves, Pompey, Hull, Wigan. I honestly think we have a  better team that than that lot.

We won't be anywhere near relegation with that team. Just think of the teams that are currently struggling in the Premieship: Burnley, Wolves, Pompey, Hull, Wigan. I honestly think we have a  better team that than that lot.

Reminds me of quite a few comments from last season as well.

Reminds me of quite a few comments from last season as well.

I know. But from what i've seen of the mentioned PL teams, I believe we would have stayed up with the current squad. I know it sound a tad optimistic  :rolleyes:

If we only sign backup players, we'll be up shit creek. Some players might have improved (Colo etc) but the rest are 'unproven' in the Prem, to say the least.

I'm optomistic by nature but there's only so many players who can play out of their skins at once.