Things you miss now that we are not a club featuring in the higher echelons

James

Europe.

Playing Leeds when we were both good.

Games that made me nervous against clubs my mates support, like Leeds above, Sunderland, Liverpool, Man Utd. And thinking we stood a chance.

Football First when I come in mortal on a Saturday night.

Quality football.

Trying in cups.

The Robert, Bellamy, Speed, Solano, Shearer era.

Expectation that we go actually go on and win something.

I watched the 2002/03 Season DVD the other day. That's what it should be like, anything seemed possible. Being furious with that Gravesen tackle on Bernard because it ruined the chances of winning the title with a handfull of games to go, good times...

I watched the 2002/03 Season DVD the other day. That's what it should be like, anything seemed possible. Being furious with that Gravesen tackle on Bernard because it ruined the chances of winning the title with a handfull of games to go, good times...

I found the 01/02 and 02/03 DVDs at my mam's the other day so brought them home. Might whack one on in a bit, but I don't know if it'll just end up depressing me.  ;D

We are a top club.

I think we should have a change of thread title to avoid pointless comments like this.  Maybe something along the lines of "Things you miss about not being at the pinnacle of English Football".

I think we should have a change of thread title to avoid pointless comments like this. Maybe something along the lines of "I'm miserable, so please do not try and enlighten me with the belief that my club is a top one".

Feel free to hold onto and voice whatever feelings you like.  However, I am content with knowing our place in football at current http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/sorry.gif

O0

We're not a top club, but we're a big one.

Guest Roger Kint

The fact that nobody had even heard of Mike Ashley.

This

Would have said Europe but some of the Uefa Cup/Cup Winners Cup were hardly off us being a top club. Miss the excitement of walking to the ground like that night against Barca and the feeling that we could compete against anyone. Looking back we have only been a top team 3 of the last 13 seasons, those days seem like a lifetime ago :weep:

Not appearing in any more GOAL! type films. ;D

Still have a thing for Anna Friel.

There is a new football film just been released which has NUFC in it.

which one?

The Shouting Men.

Thanks mate. Might going to watch it. The pictures/sceneries of Newcastle in "Goal" were great.

The fact that nobody had even heard of Mike Ashley.

This

Would have said Europe but some of the Uefa Cup/Cup Winners Cup were hardly off us being a top club. Miss the excitement of walking to the ground like that night against Barca and the feeling that we could compete against anyone. Looking back we have only been a top team 3 of the last 13 seasons, those days seem like a lifetime ago :weep:

Add in the season where we won the Fairs cup, and it's a grand total of about four seasons in the 42 years since I first went to a game.

Guest firetotheworks

I miss thinking how we could tinker with the team with plenty of money, rather than thinking about we can overhaul the midfield and strikers with no money.