Nicky Butt

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

He has no redeeming features anymore. He doesn't even have that one decent game in 5 that he used to have.

We need to move on. The fact that boro's unknown centre mids bossed the midfield against their big name counterparts shows the folly of sticking with old/unfit players for too long.

We need to move on. The fact that boro's unknown centre mids bossed the midfield against their big name counterparts shows the folly of sticking with old/unfit players for too long.

Who are these unknown centre mids?

I don't know obviously  :rolleyes:

I don't know obviously  :rolleyes:

:fishing:

But surely Barry Robson and Gary O'Neill are known players?

Maybe the fault here lies in the seemingly shallow depth of football knowledge you apparently possess?

Today, the clear and obvious answer is yes.

All about the situation though, but there may be definite times where his presence can be put to good use (like today cockfags!)

Eh? ???

Today, the clear and obvious answer is yes.

All about the situation though, but there may be definite times where his presence can be put to good use (like today cockfags!)

Hi Mrs. Butt

I agree with everyone that Butt has declined to a point way below the standard required by the way.  It's just that a lot of you cloud any discussion with a one-track point of view and never take anything else into consideration.

He's probably alright as a bit part player (Ipswich away sticks in my mind when he was decent) but we still need to bin him this summer: and I think Hughton will.

This, pretty much.

Ash, today we needed a player to come in and perform a defensive role in our midfield.  Butt was the only player capable of doing so at our disposal. 

Disagree. We were struggling to create things which is what allowed them to build so much pressure during that spell. Bringing on Butt invited more pressure because we then began to stick back. In my opinion, bringing on an attacking option (to replace Pancrate) would have been a better idea.