Beckham out of world cup?

lovejoy

I always thought he underrated himself a little. When he agreed to sign for Galaxy he was out of the Madrid team and was under a fair bit of critisism saying he was finished. I think he probably thought he was finished too so he headed over to Galaxy for one last pay off.

i can't imagine how low he feels right now. everything he's done for the past 4 years has been geared towards this summer. absolutely gutted for him  :weep:

Everything he's done for the past 3 years has been geared towards ££££££££££££££££££ tbh.

whereever he goes, he's gonna be loaded for life. its obvious how much he loves playing for his country, even if its only 10 minutes. he comes across as a really good person.

with his final chance gone for england, does anyone think he might retire now?

That only makes his decision to go to America & chase the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ even stranger.

He had this weird messianic vision of making football popular in the US, he isn't paid anything he wouldn't have got in other places when he left Real imho. (6,5 million dollars a season I think). He has indeed brought exposure to the game there and abroad, but I think he overrated himself a tad too much.

I've always thought that decision was driven by his wife, and her desire to join the Hollywood celebrity circuit. I think she's the one who wears the trousers.

i can't imagine how low he feels right now. everything he's done for the past 4 years has been geared towards this summer. absolutely gutted for him  :weep:

Everything he's done for the past 3 years has been geared towards ££££££££££££££££££ tbh.

whereever he goes, he's gonna be loaded for life. its obvious how much he loves playing for his country, even if its only 10 minutes. he comes across as a really good person.

with his final chance gone for england, does anyone think he might retire now?

That only makes his decision to go to America & chase the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ even stranger.

Wasn't his wedge reported to be around $128,000,000 over five years? Obviously, players' wages are something the general public will never have an intricate knowledge of... but when you consider it was the MLS paying him - i'd imagine that figure wouldn't be too far away.

Beckham's a genuine footballer and a genuine bloke too, i like him a hell of a lot. Who the hell would have turned down an offer like that?

I've always thought it was a sign of his footballing passion/heritage that he did actually 'downgrade' to AC Milan? ??? Given the absolutely horrendous standard of football in America.

This is more of a big shame than a big miss IMO.

Whilst I would have taken him in my squad, I wouldn't see him as a vital cog in the machine. I have little doubt that this passing/crossing and experience would have come in handy, but it's not like we are majorly short in midfield.

I feel very sorry for him though. I think he's been a quality player and in my view, his commitment to England and to the game of football itself is excellent. The only potential blemish is his questionable (early) move to America.

As has been suggested, this could even be the end of his career but I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty more of him within the game.

His wages are very public, and they are 6,5m$ per season. MLS wages are routinely published. Of course, he might have some other kickbacks outside of it.

128m$ is a truly staggering figure and indeed would've been an idiot to refuse that if true.

Victoria Beckham certainly isn't a celebrity over here.

The worst ones are the English folk who like to think their scottish. A truely bitter nation of people.

I'm in the middle of Scotland when the world cup finals on, I'll love it if we win.

This gets on my cheb ends.  Why the f*** would you claim to be something you are not.  The whole Irish thing gets me as well, "Oh, my great great granny was Irish, so I am."  Nar mate.

Who claims to be Scottish? I just support Scotland, my mam is Scottish but I was born in Ashington.

Why on earth would you choose to support Scotland? I cant think of any other choices to compare it to its thast bad of a choice.

Why on earth would anyone choose to support Newcastle if they weren't born nearby?

Everyone will have their reasons, weather its parents, or they caught your eye when you were a kid. However picking a nation thats football team is one of biggest failures going is a little strange.

His wages are very public, and they are 6,5m$ per season. MLS wages are routinely published. Of course, he might have some other kickbacks outside of it.

128m$ is a truly staggering figure and indeed would've been an idiot to refuse that if true.

Victoria Beckham certainly isn't a celebrity over here.

I think that's the situation she was hoping to rectify.

The worst ones are the English folk who like to think their scottish. A truely bitter nation of people.

I'm in the middle of Scotland when the world cup finals on, I'll love it if we win.

This gets on my cheb ends.  Why the f*** would you claim to be something you are not.  The whole Irish thing gets me as well, "Oh, my great great granny was Irish, so I am."  Nar mate.

Who claims to be Scottish? I just support Scotland, my mam is Scottish but I was born in Ashington.

Why on earth would you choose to support Scotland? I cant think of any other choices to compare it to its thast bad of a choice.

Why on earth would anyone choose to support Newcastle if they weren't born nearby?

Everyone will have their reasons, weather its parents, or they caught your eye when you were a kid. However picking a nation thats football team is one of biggest failures going is a little strange.

Just for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipGLYAxcenQ

:lol: :pow:

Guest toonlass

I didn't pick it. I just always supported them from as young as I can remember. I was taken to Ibrox long before I went to St James Park. I can't ever remember a time when I had to choose who I supported, it was Newcastle United due to dad's side, Rangers due to mam's side and Scotland because mam must have threatened dad or something, I dunno.

I didn't pick it. I just always supported them from as young as I can remember. I was taken to Ibrox long before I went to St James Park. I can't ever remember a time when I had to choose who I supported, it was Newcastle United due to dad's side, Rangers due to mam's side and Scotland because mam must have threatened dad or something, I dunno.

So then why post something like this..

you aren't going to win the world cup anyway

You are English, get over yourself with the whole Jock love in, and being an example of those that Dr Z descibed earlier.  You might not follow the England team, but stop pretending that you're something that your're not.  I don't follow the Norwegians, Danes or Germans even though there is probably more of thier blood in me than the proverbial Anglo-Saxon.

Guest toonlass

You are English, get over yourself with the whole Jock love in, and being an example of those that Dr Z descibed earlier.  You might not follow the England team, but stop pretending that you're something that your're not.  I don't follow the Norwegians, Danes or Germans even though there is probably more of thier blood in me than the proverbial Anglo-Saxon.

Eh? I have never said I was Scottish! What is the point of me saying "we" if I support someone else? I have never said I'm not English, I don't count myself as an England supporter though so can't really say "we" can I?

Eh? I have never said I was Scottish! What is the point of me saying "we" if I support someone else? I have never said I'm not English, I don't count myself as an England supporter though so can't really say "we" can I?

http://i.bnet.com/blogs/digging-a-hole.jpg

No need to be racist. :undecided:

How the fuck is that racist? :lol:

Guest toonlass

:lol:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E8BpJEni77I/StcpJmN52YI/AAAAAAAAKz8/7fqTTFEQiEs/s400/SPADE.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E8BpJEni77I/StcpJmN52YI/AAAAAAAAKz8/7fqTTFEQiEs/s400/SPADE.jpg

Yes, yes, I did actually get the reference mate. Thanks anyway. :lol:

Yes, yes, I did actually get the reference T shirt mate. Thanks anyway. :lol:

IMO your choice of club can be affected by a number of intangibles. Your choice of country isn't.

Hmmmm. i spent a while supporting northern ireland due to newcastle players playing for them when none had a sniff of playing for england.