What musical instruments do you play...and how well?

Segun Oluwaniyi

Played clarinet when i was much younger and got to about grade 5, but haven't picked it up in about 6 years.

I picked up the sax when I got bored of the clarinet and played to a similar standard, but again, haven't played properly in years apart from learning a few football songs at last christmas when i was bored.

Played cello to Grade 5 and piano to Grade 4. Not that I'm much good at either anymore but with some time, it might be good to get back on the piano trail.

Self-taught some guitar as well, although not particularly good. I never seem to have the motivation to consistently practice it, it's usually more of a passing thing here and there.

Guest firetotheworks

Guitar, below average I'd say

Piano, I cant play it very well, but I can write with it really well I think

Synth, pretty decent.

Saxophone, quite well but out of practice at the moment.

Anything wind-based I can get a reasonable tune out of really... tin whistles, recorders, that sort of thing.

My mam started learning the drums a while ago so I can play them a little bit now as well.

And I'm a turntablist of some quality... at least I was a couple of years ago.

I have an embarrassing number of instruments in my possession that I can't play...

I've got a guitar at my parent's house, but I never wanted to play it. They just got me it from a charity shop once because they thought I'd like a go.

I've always fancied playing the flute, especially when I was at school. Though that was partly because it's tiny and I could hardly lift my sax case!

Trumpet. Was ok at it when i was younger.

I played that when I first started out, but they couldn't find any trumpet mouth piece big enough to fit me as I grew older, so I switched to trombone.

My dad is a trumpet player, i only played it cos he did. I do love the sound, its my favourite brass instrument. Of the woodwind instruments, an oboe is a class sound. Would have loved to play the piano in the end.

Guest Stephen927

I can play the following on guitar;

Fat Lip

Teenage Kicks

Girl All the Bad Guys Want

Hitchin A Ride

American Idiot

So yeah, I'm shit at guitar. Could play the Exorcist theme on Piano.

I played that when I first started out, but they couldn't find any trumpet mouth piece big enough to fit me as I grew older, so I switched to trombone.

My dad is a trumpet player, i only played it cos he did. I do love the sound, its my favourite brass instrument. Of the woodwind instruments, an oboe is a class sound. Would have loved to play the piano in the end.

I am biased at this point, but I love the trombone. It is a such a versatile instrument with so many different sounds. It also looks brilliant when you play it. I've always been fascinated the saxophone and the clarinet but all those little buttons and keys put me off, looked too confusing.

I am biased at this point, but I love the trombone. It is a such a versatile instrument with so many different sounds. It also looks brilliant when you play it. I've always been fascinated the saxophone and the clarinet but all those little buttons and keys put me off, looked too confusing.

Trombone is just a fantastic name for an instrument, its always going to be a winner. The sound is lovely of course but it doesnt have the crispness at the top end that a trumpet has. Handel's messiah, or Haydn's concertos are great examples.

Tuba and pretty well, but many years ago.  My embouchure was highly rated by teachers.

Cello when I was younger than that, thinking of picking it up again.

:lol: Quality. I now have you pictured in lederhosen at Oktoberfest.

I think I'm a fairly decent guitar player, though I've been mostly playing bass lately. Fairly good singer as well. Also play the trumpet.

I play a lot of gigs in my hometown. Once fancied myself a potential rock star, but never had the drive or motivation to try to take my music "career" any further. Happy to be a local musician these days and just have fun with it.

Guest toonlass

Tenor horn - decent enough

Bass guitar - again decent enough

Guitar - not that great

Clarinet - absolutely shite

Always wanted to learn the Saxemophone (as Homer would say).