Best gig you've ever been to

Keefaz

Foo Fighters - O2 Arena 18th November 2007. First time I saw them play a full gig live, out fucking standing!!

I saw them at Wembley in June '08, and it was also brilliant, but the O2 just felt more intimate, although it was still 17-18k.

Brian May - The Whitley Bay Ice Rink - My first ever gig, right at the front with all the old rockers, blood pouring down my face cos I'd come off my bike earlier in the day.

The Beastie Boys - Glasgow - One of them was dull as fuck, but they're still immense.

Limp Bizkit/Slipknot - Leeds - Never really listened to either of them much before or since but at the time they were both at their peak and the atmosphere was electric for them being on the same bill, they put on one hell of a show.  Marilyn Manson followed but he'd already been blown away.

James Brown - Manchester - The hardest working, nuff said

Seen Public enemy a few times and they're always quality too.

The Sword, Machine Head and Metallica at the Metro Radio Arena.  The only shame was that Demmel didn't have his toon top on.

Was that last year?  I only turned up for Metallica and was disappointed the crowd were more interested in videoing it on their phone than getting a circle pit going. 

They're supposed to be metal man, put your iphone away.  I was forced to strip to my bare chest and sweat profusely all over the delicate flowers around me  >:D

Guest toonlass

Metallica at Whitley Bay Ice Rink or Wildhearts in a small club in Leeds somewhere. Hugely different sized band but both were absolutely fabulous gigs.

Metallica at Whitley Bay Ice Rink or Wildhearts in a small club in Leeds somewhere. Hugely different sized band but both were absolutely fabulous gigs.

Ha! I was at that Metallica gig, I think. 1993/4? Can't remember much about it, tbh.

The Sword, Machine Head and Metallica at the Metro Radio Arena.  The only shame was that Demmel didn't have his toon top on.

Was that last year?  I only turned up for Metallica and was disappointed the crowd were more interested in videoing it on their phone than getting a circle pit going. 

They're supposed to be metal man, put your iphone away.  I was forced to strip to my bare chest and sweat profusely all over the delicate flowers around me  >:D

One of the reasons I hate going to gigs now. Just a load of mongs standing round with their phones in the air.

Best

BC Camplight at the Cluny.

I had never heard them before but I went because a friend of mine said someone was playing who sounded similar to Ben folds Five (the only real similarity is the use of a piano tbh).

There was about 8 people there in total and I stood at the front with a look on my face as if I'd just been exposed to music for the first time, beautiful. I gave them all my money at the merch desk.

Worst

Being dragged to see that shite band 'The Music' at a leeds festival.

Metallica in Sofia last year was great, probably my favorite live gig.. The crowd wasn't very energetic but I grew up with their music and to finally hear them live was mind blowing. I still get chills when I think about it..

The most hardcore gig I've been at has to be either Agnostic Front or Biohazard. People flying around.. and Exploited's gig was very intense too.. until some punk cunt broke my leg on Sex and Violence.

Guest palnese

Oasis in Oslo was a fantastic.

I have to agree with the Kaizer as well. Kaizers Orchestra are simply brilliant live. I have seen them quite a few times over the years, but the best gig has got to be at a small place called Garage in Bergen. Top class.

I think SDRE will take this crown next month though.

Have you heard about there new album? It's going to be purely techno.