Some things money cannot buy ALAN SHEARER

biggs

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2088/th1163201029shearersafc.jpg

Newcastle legend Shearer in Sunderland shirt - the photo they all wanted

Published Date: 16 March 2010

It's a time for putting charity before dignity – but sporting a Black Cats' strip was a step too far for Magpie hero Alan Shearer.

The Geordie star refused to wear a Sunderland AFC top to raise money for Sport Relief.

The former Newcastle United captain appeared on television on the BBC's One Show last night, where he was asked by presenter Adrian Chiles to take part in the "Shirt of Hurt" campaign for Sport Relief.

Chiles had himself donned a Wolverhampton shirt, the sworn enemy of his favoured West Bromich Albion, for the national fund-raiser.

But for Shearer, the thought of wearing red and white stripes was too much.

"I would rather give you a lot of money than put that on. My life wouldn't be worth living if I went back to Newcastle after putting that on," he said. :clap: :iamatwat: O0

The scum naturally think it is wrong wonder how many them will be wearing a NUFC top for charity. Scrool down to read some messages from SAFC fans.

Look north took a toon top to Sunderland and could only find one person willing to put it on.

The scum naturally think it is wrong wonder how many them will be wearing a NUFC top for charity. Scrool down to read some messages from SAFC fans.

Look north took a toon top to Sunderland and could only find one person willing to put it on.

The same crowd who did not eat sugar puffs after KK & Honey Monster won the cup. The same crowd who were not keen on us being sponsored by Northern Rock & even more so now. The same crowd that were not going to buy each other Donnay socks for Crimbo because Ashley is our owner. The same crowd that need to realise NORTHUMBRIA WATER have a box at St James park & should stop drinking there stuff ASAP.

The same crowd who did not eat sugar puffs after KK & Honey Monster won the cup. The same crowd who were not keen on us being sponsored by Northern Rock & even more so now. The same crowd that were not going to buy each other Donnay socks for Crimbo because Ashley is our owner. The same crowd that need to realise NORTHUMBRIA WATER have a box at St James park & should stop drinking there stuff ASAP.

:smug:

They could ask a Sunderland legend to wear a Newcastle shirt like... Uh...  Well when I was in Shildon for the Whitley Bay match all the pubs were decked out in mackem shit, but some of them had a token toon spot on the wall and alongside each other were two mirrors, one with a picture of Shearer reading "Alan Shearer - Newcastle and England" and the other "Kevin Phillips - Sunderland and England" so I guess that's their equivalent.

I agree. If the man had any sense of his social responsibility he would put the shirt on and use the opportunity to generate as much money as possible for severely disadvantaged africans but unfortunately a route around his ego can't be negotiated it seems

:lol: