When?

Toon Amy

1: When could we potentially be promoted?

Has anyone worked it out?

I am crap at Maths so I am relying on N-O forum experts to help.  ;D

I think it is that if we win the next 4 games we will be promoted, or if we keep the same distance (or improve on it) between us and Forest in the next 4 games? Is that right, or has anyone actually worked out the facts on this?

2: When do you think we will be promoted? (if we are)

We're not allowed to post fixtures but as we know Forest is one of those next four games, thats why I am thinking that.

Fate. Tempting.

Otherwise I have no idea, sorry!

I thought that, but I am just asking for best case scenario in Q1, so I said "potentially" so as not to tempt fate. I think I have covered the bases there, hopefully! ;)

I love talking Promotion as much as the next  :colo:, but don't you think two threads on it is enough?

I don't know. I only saw the Promotionometer one and I think this is asking a different question. I am ok with it being merged if mods disagree, but it didn't look to me like the existing thread(s?) were covering the same question.

I love talking Promotion as much as the next  :colo:, but don't you think two threads on it is enough?

I don't know. I only saw the Promotionometer one and I think this is asking a different question. I am ok with it being merged if mods disagree, but it didn't look to me like the existing thread(s?) were covering the same question.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68182.0.html

Forest is the earliest it can happen, meaning Forest would have to lose all of their games, us win all of ours and also I think it means that two other teams cannot gain more then 4 points in that time aswell.

Also the thread about who can't catch us is essentially the same thing.

1. The earliest we CAN be promoted is Forest (h). But that is only if Forest lose points in both of their next two matches and lose to us, while we win our next two and Leicester gets a maximum of three points in their next three games and Swansea maximum six.

I didn't see that one. Well like I say, by all means the mods are welcome to merge it if thats what they want to do.

1. The earliest we CAN be promoted is Forest (h). But that is only if Forest lose points in both of their next two matches and lose to us, while we win our next two and Leicester gets a maximum of three points in their next three games and Swansea maximum six.

Thanks for answering the question. At least somebody did :lol:

Fuck off then  :laugh:, I was close on the other teams bit.

Forest is the earliest it can happen, meaning Forest would have to lose all of their games, us win all of ours and also I think it means that two other teams cannot gain more then 4 points in that time aswell.

thanks for answering the question as well. :lol:

Sorry I missed the quote I was busy worrying about the thread police on my case. ;)

actually Stifler beat me to it while I was doing the math. (Of course it's easy to answer quickly, if you're not bother to get it right :razz:)

thanks for answering the question as well. :lol:

Sorry I missed the quote I was busy worrying about the thread police on my case. ;)

It's no bother, just winding you up.

actually Stifler beat me to it while I was doing the math. (Of course it's easy to answer quickly, if you're not bother to get it right :razz:)

I was close, I gave you credit in one of my posts.  :thup:

I was close, I gave you credit in one of my posts.  :thup:

I know, and I was just kidding. Also it's just because I'm too slow each time.

10 points from the last 10 games should do it. Forest would have to win 7 out of their last 9 games to overhaul that total, and I can't see that happening.

It's that close isn't it? I am more concerned with getting promotion as soon as possible, and then worry about being Champions. As is Hughton and rightly so imo. 10 points as soon as possible means winning the next 4 games as far as I am concerned.

So what is the earliest we could be promoted if Forest win all their games before us v them? and so do we, and then if we beat them?

In that situation we would lead by 15 after beating them with them having 6 games left. So we could win promotion the next game, with them losing and us drawing, but Leichester needs to lose points as well.