Morocco

Shak

Anyone on here ever been?

Heading off at the end of next week for a 10 day holiday with the lass. We're staying in a place called Taghazout, which seems to be about 30 minutes north of Agadir. Gonna be renting a car though so we're well up for doing plenty of driving about and visiting places like Marrakech and all that.

If anyone has been there before, would really appreciate any tips on places to go and things to do.

Cheers. :thup:

Casablanca. Dirty, mega expensive and only about 3 bars.

Also, why do all Moroccan blokes look like baddies out of a James Bond movies? They're all fucking massive. Weird.

That said, sure you'll have a ball.

aghazout is a dry town; no alcohol is available to purchase.

:thup:

Aye, the guy who owns the place we're staying did warn us of that so we'll be bringing a nice amount down from the airport ourselves. :smug:

I went there a few years ago. Casablanca, Marrakech, Ouarzazarte and the foothills of the Atlas mountains. :thup:

And...

Recommend some stuff you big goon. :lol:

OK, then...

1. Don't go with a blonde girl in the middle of Ramadan..and don't jokingly accept an offer of 5 camels for her when offered, and then have to back out of it and jump into a nearby taxi to escape the enraged camel seller...

2. Don't get into conversations with the taxi driver about the rights and wrongs of the war in Iraq/Afghanistan when he's driving you out of town into the dusty backroads of the Atlas mountains...

3. Don't get hoodwinked into buying ridiculously overpriced trinkets and souvenirs in the souks of Marrakech.

Otherwise, just go with the flow. I was disappointed to see they have McDonalds and Pizza Hut over there, but on the other hand it was quite handy if you wanted to eat something other than goat sausages.

Marrakech is well worth a good look around. Casablanca is meh...just meh. Meknes, Fez and Rabat are places I'd have loved to have gone to, but we had less time than you do to explore.

I went there on a school trip a few year back. Absolutely loved it, didn't like Marrakech much but loved most places. We stayed in this ridiculously posh place up in the mountains somewhere one night, called Kasbah Du Toubkal I think, apparently Sting amongst other celebs was a regular. Also spent a night in the sahara deshert (got there by camels) which was also brilliant.

Must be so awesome to be able to easily fly to these places in Europe for relatively cheap.

:lol:

facepalm?

When I was typing that I was thinking more about places in Europe rather than Africa.  Just in general it's really easy (read: cheap) for you guys to fly to really awesome places.

Must be so awesome to be able to easily fly to these places in Europe for relatively cheap.

facepalm?

When I was typing that I was thinking more about places in Europe rather than Africa.  Just in general it's really easy (read: cheap) for you guys to fly to really awesome places.

Aye, but you guys have IHOP.

Do English people generally learn other languages? I mean, with all those countries right next to you, you'd figure you'd know some of what they were saying.

I'm not starting shit here, my Spanish is worse than a three year old's with a head injury, so I can't talk shit.

Do English people generally learn other languages? I mean, with all those countries right next to you, you'd figure you'd know some of what they were saying.

I'm not starting shit here, my Spanish is worse than a three year old's with a head injury, so I can't talk shit.

No. :lol: Thanks to you lot, we don't have to.

facepalm?

Aye, but you guys have IHOP.

:lol: Grabbed a stack this morning.

Feel like I'm walking into a trap, but what did we do?

Feel like I'm walking into a trap, but what did we do?

Made English the international language.