Random Facts

Kaizero

Because random facts are great.  O0

• Matt Damon was originally meant to be smart in the movie Team America, but became what he was because the creators thought the doll looked retarded.
  • In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.
  • Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day.
  • Karoke means "empty orchestra" in Japanese. 
  • There are two credit cards for every person in the United States. 
  • The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is. 
  • The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley. 
  • The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672. 
  • The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m). 
  • Police dogs are trained to react to commands in a foreign language; commonly German but more recently Hungarian. 
  • The average person makes about 1,140 telephone calls each year. 
  • You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV. 
  • The average person spends about 2 years on the phone in a lifetime. 
  • The bagpipe was originally made from the whole skin of a dead sheep. 
  • The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used. 
  • Children grow faster in the springtime. 
  • The earliest recorded case of a man giving up smoking was on April 5, 1679, when Johan Katsu, Sheriff of Turku, Finland, wrote in his diary "I quit smoking tobacco." He died one month later. 
  • Kansas state law requires pedestrians crossing the highways at night to wear tail lights.

• The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley. 

I don't buy this for a second. Maybe in like...1975.

Michael Jackson probably has Jesus Christ beat by now, yeah.

Michael Jackson probably has Jesus Christ beat by now, yeah.

I'd say Beckham, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan.

:lol: Jesus is pissed. His own fault, he can't dance, can't pass and can't dunk. No one gives a fuck about fundamentals these days.

The day after George W. Bush was reelected, Canada’s main immigration website had 115,000 visitors. There were only 20,000 before.

The most surreal election I will ever be a part of.

The day after George W. Bush was reelected, Canadas main immigration website had 115,000 visitors. There were only 20,000 before.

What was 2000 like? From what I gather, it was some third world type nonsense. (Especially the part where his brother had control of the disputed region :lol:) Gore got the most votes, but Bush wins because...er...well...that's what we decided. If that was any other country, it wouldn't have gone as smoothly, for sure.

The day after George W. Bush was reelected, Canada’s main immigration website had 115,000 visitors. There were only 20,000 before.

What was 2000 like? From what I gather, it was some third world type nonsense. (Especially the part where his brother had control of the disputed region :lol:) Gore got the most votes, but Bush wins because...er...well...that's what we decided. If that was any other country, it wouldn't have gone as smoothly, for sure.

2000 was before 9/11 and the whole War on Terror, so it didn't get as hot as it should have. The whole situation in Florida stunk to high heaven, but we weren't at war or really in any trouble at all (as far as we knew) so it blew over a hell of a lot faster than it should have.

2004 though. Man, that morning felt like a revolution. Everywhere you looked, people were walking in the same direction ready to vote this guy out. It was among my proudest American moments when I saw how many people were at the polls. Got back from casting my vote and started watching the coverage. I'll never, ever ever forget some guy on CNN saying "People don't turn out in record numbers to re-elect. This is a horrible sign for Bush" I was completely :bluestar: until the numbers started coming in later that night. Then the whole Ohio situation broke out.

It was fucking unbelievable. :lol: The next day people were just shaking their heads, just totally unable to grasp the situation. I still can't believe he won. :lol: I don't even like thinking about it.

The longest beard ever grown for 17.5 feet

...and it was our very own Keefaz who grew it, dontcha know.

and if you shaved it off and joined each hair end to end how far would it go?