How many times have you been on TV this season?

GG

Genuine question, I'd be interested to see how many times each Championship side has been on TV at some point this season. How many times have Newcastle been on BBC/SKY this season?

:kasper:

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

As far as I can recall, we've been on TV twice this season, Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 home win, QPR 3-1 home win. I find it slightly annoying as a season ticket holder, that I subscribe to Sky Sports and pay a TV license fee, am promised ~ 55 games of Championship coverage on TV, yet occupy 2/110 slots, around 2.3 times less than we would get if all slots were divided equally. I don't mind that too much, the fact that we won't have had an away game on TV this season, thus I don't benefit at all from Championship coverage on TV (in the sense that I want to watch MY team). What an absolute joke.

As far as I can recall, we've been on TV twice this season, Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 home win, QPR 3-1 home win. I find it slightly annoying as a season ticket holder, that I subscribe to Sky Sports and pay a TV license fee, am promised ~ 55 games of Championship coverage on TV, yet occupy 2/110 slots, around 2.3 times less than we would get if all slots were divided equally. I don't mind that too much, the fact that we won't have had an away game on TV this season, thus I don't benefit at all from Championship coverage on TV (in the sense that I want to watch MY team). What an absolute joke.

Dry your eyes.  :razz:

Dry your eyes.  :razz:

If they were two away games, I wouldn't be complaining at all. :(

Its because there arnt many people who want to watch you, whereas we have loads of fans wanting to watch us.

Theres good things and bad things about it though. It means that I got to see Sheffield United and Swansea away on one hand, as I couldn't get, but on the other hand I had to travel to Preston on a Monday night, and leave in the small hours to get to Cardiff in time for a early Sky kick off.

Plymouth is a pisstake. If I could afford to get to every single away game, I think I would be pretty pissed off with the number of games changed to silly times this season.

Go figure.

I read somewhere our games are up there in the most watched for SKY. We are pulling more viewers in for SKY than most PL games but there outlay is a hell of a lot less for our games. Sky would be bonkers not to show our games they are getting a fucking bargain.

Go figure.

I read somewhere our games are up there in the most watched for SKY. We are pulling more viewers in for SKY than most PL games but there outlay is a hell of a lot less for our games. Sky would be bonkers not to show our games they are getting a f***ing bargain.

I think we are still the most watched team outside of the top 4 (Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea) on Sky.

Go figure.

I read somewhere our games are up there in the most watched for SKY. We are pulling more viewers in for SKY than most PL games but there outlay is a hell of a lot less for our games. Sky would be bonkers not to show our games they are getting a f***ing bargain.

I think we are still the most watched team outside of the top 4 (Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea) on Sky.

why on earth is that? we've been bloody awful on telly this year, with maybe the exception of derby at home. are they all just tuning in to watch us lose?

Guest WashyGeordie

It's more than last year aswell isnt it? and probablies since our UEFA cup days (albeit on Five)?

It's crazy, and it'd be good to compare it to other PL teams, but it'll mean more money for us, so hopefully it'll be used wisely...

Madrid/Barça have a maximum of 19 televised league games per season and it's often less.

I'm glad you've been televised so much though, as Cubaricho said, I have been able to watch you quite a bit through ESPN360.

Funnily enough over here every Barca and Madrid game is televised on Sky. Copa and League.

It's more than last year aswell isnt it? and probablies since our UEFA cup days (albeit on Five)?

It's crazy, and it'd be good to compare it to other PL teams, but it'll mean more money for us, so hopefully it'll be used wisely...

£50k for home games and £10k for away games at this level. Not a big source of income at all. Our entire TV revenue per game added together wouldn't even pay a weeks worth of player wages!