Realistic Expectations For Next Season.

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Voted for 9-12. The league this season is weaker than it was last season I think. Next season WBA will be there again and another CCC team we could beat. Some of the other teams that will just stay up this season will be beatable for us as well. And we'll get some surprise wins from the start of the season like Hull got last season.

I'll revisit this at the end of next Aug (if we're promoted) but my expectation is we'll go back down. My hope is we don't.

I'll agree with you on this. The current squad is woefully inadequate at the top level and we'll probably not be blessed with a Portsmouth-esque capitulation next season meaning there will actually be 3 teams fighting for survival.

That said, 4 or 5 buys of the right standard, in the right positions and I'd give us a fighting chance of 15th place.

Depends entirely on how much we spend and who we bring in this summer.

Some days I watch us struggle and think we'd come straight back down....on other days I think we could do what Birmingham have done this season. If we buy 4 really good players and keep the majority of the current squad fit for the majority of the season I think we could finish about 12th. If we don't bring those quality players in and/or pick up a lot of injuries then we'll probably go down.

I'd like to think we could shift 35,000 - 40,000 season tickets for next season which should boost the coffers to spend a bit. We all know who calls that shot though. :neutral:

Guest deathwish

I voted 13 - 17, but I think we will finish 11-15.

Consolidate position next year, then build on that.