Bristol City 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 20/03/10 - post match reaction from p26

Dave

All he needs to do is stop backing off like he's terrified. On Saturday there were another couple of defenders to cover for him if he got beat, and he just allowed the guy to run to edge of the box, cut inside and shoot.

It was basically one on three in our favour, a shot should never have come in.

I think Simpson might make a good player, but he's not one at the moment.

Was staying at the same hotel as the team on Friday night - quite interesting to see Butt come down for breakfast and sit down with Hughton and Calderwood.  None of the other players were down, just backroom staff - was wondering if some sort of coaching role for Butt is in the offing?  Or maybe he just wanted his full English breakfast too much and couldn't sleep for the excitement.

Was staying at the same hotel as the team on Friday night - quite interesting to see Butt come down for breakfast and sit down with Hughton and Calderwood.  None of the other players were down, just backroom staff - was wondering if some sort of coaching role for Butt is in the offing?  Or maybe he just wanted his full English breakfast too much and couldn't sleep for the excitement.

Interesting, wonder if he is going to be offered a coaching role.

Guest toonlass

Wouldn't be surprised tbh

Wouldn't be surprised tbh

If it stopped him playing for us, I wouldn't complain either!

Of all the critisisms of Butt, i've never been uncertain of his proffessionalism (even after the semi final), he's clearly massively respected by management and players... even if he has been shit for years.

Personally i would love to see him part of the backroom staff, even though i'm unsure of his coaching capabilities. I'd like to think Newcastle was a club that would be prepared to give young coaches a chance.

Maybe just part of being captain of the club