BlackBerry Storm 2

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyone got one of these? I'm seriously thinking of getting one but need to know what it is like to use. I basically need a good business type phone for e-mail & web plus diary type features that happens to also be a touch phone as I can't use them phones with buttons.

Can't go wrong with a Blackberry for e-mail and web. Don't have any experience of the Storm 2 but can't imagine its that much different than the Bold that I have, apart from the touch screen obviously. Web browsing is fast and easy the vast majority of the time and you can sync your e-mail address with the phone, so you get notified when you get an e-mail, though it does get annoying when your phone makes a noise to tell you you've got spam. They're a sound investment though, not sure how I ever lived without one tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cheers for that. I actually had a little play of my brother's Blackberry curve today which after 10 minutes I found a piece of piss to use and very good for e-mail and web, it seems a very compact phone, neat and easy to use. I'm gonna get one.

Can't go wrong with a Blackberry for e-mail and web. Don't have any experience of the Storm 2 but can't imagine its that much different than the Bold that I have, apart from the touch screen obviously. Web browsing is fast and easy the vast majority of the time and you can sync your e-mail address with the phone, so you get notified when you get an e-mail, though it does get annoying when your phone makes a noise to tell you you've got spam. They're a sound investment though, not sure how I ever lived without one tbh.

Web? You're really claiming the Blackberry is a good option for a user who wants to surf the web?

Email, fine, pretty much unbeatable. Anything else? nar like.

Web? You're really claiming the Blackberry is a good option for a user who wants to surf the web?

Never had a problem with it like. Am I missing something?

Never had a problem with it like. Am I missing something?

Doesn't matter, I'm sure it's fine tbh, it's just not a world beater in any way shape or form. I overreacted really... x

Guest Howaythetoon

HTC Hero

Love the look and feel of that but my last HTC was a reet let down. I currently own the Omnia and while it is a top notch phone its coming to the end of its contract and I just fancy something else, something less busy and less gadgety, something purely for business. testing my brother's Blackberry the web browser showed sites like they do on my laptop, loading was quick and response was quick too. E-mail is superb, seems the phone I need for my business. The battery life is also very important which is pretty good on the Blackberry.

Was your last HTC android or WinMo...?

Considering he's just come to the end of a contract on an Omnia it must have been Winmo to have bought it 2-3 years ago.

Well that explains any issues he had with it then :)

I've been a blackberry user for 3 years, had lots of different ones and never been impressed with using them to surf the web.  Excellent for practical business stuff but not for fun stuff, well there are better phones out there for that.

I'd wait for the HTC Desire or Legend. Both out in a couple of weeks. Or get an iPhone.

It really depends how serious you are on the business needs.

is there going to be a HTC Bravo? sure I heard about this one

Lovewmy Hero though.. text to speech, reads out my text messages to me :D voice search, speech comands, and loads of other shit..

Guest Howaythetoon

Was your last HTC android or WinMo...?

Windows, is the new HTC android, not that I know what it means...

Android is the operating system. It is made by google. If is infinitely better than any Windows Mobile operating system. Don't blame HTC for the WinMo operating system being awful.

HTC Desire available on TMobile now..

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-monthly/htc/desire/overview/

Ordered the Desire this morning. Can't wait. Switching from an iPhone 3G. Loved the iPhone but just fancied a change.

Android is the operating system. It is made by google. If is infinitely better than any Windows Mobile operating system. Don't blame HTC for the WinMo operating system being awful.

HTC Desire available on TMobile now..

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-monthly/htc/desire/overview/

Ordered the Desire this morning. Can't wait. Switching from an iPhone 3G. Loved the iPhone but just fancied a change.

Having played with my girlfriend's Droid Eris, I'd gladly move from iPhone 3G to Android, but I feel that I'd be doing it just for the sake of doing it. Gonna be patient and see what each can offer.

Guest Roger Kint

Does anyone know when the HTC Legend comes out for each network? I know its 10 April(ish) for Vodafone but after the email i sent them theres no way they or i will be taking on another contract with them.  :angry:

On that subject what is the most reliable network out of T Mob, Orange and O2?

Guest Roger Kint

Does anyone know when the HTC Legend comes out for each network? I know its 10 April(ish) for Vodafone but after the email i sent them theres no way they or i will be taking on another contract with them.  :angry:

Legend exclusive to Vodafone?  :kinnear: :facepalm:

Legend exclusive to Vodafone?  :kinnear: :facepalm:

vodafone is best network for reliability and speed, maybe a tad too expensive + they have much more hdspa masts than rest of providers put together