The legend of Stevie Charlton...

Rich

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9422/1003tw740h600.jpg

Barry Venison using his time machine again.

Famous Newcastle fans #347

Rose West.

:laugh: And there I was, wondering if it was perhaps a young Blefuscu? :blush:

Used to always be on our coach when I went to all the away games with me dad mid-90s.  Used to say he got put in a home and they wouldn't let him out for the away matches because he'd get back so late so he'd climb out the window.  Apparently he always waited by the tuinnel when Keegan was a player and gave him a sweet on his way off the pitch, which is why he got a seat so close when Keegan came back.  Also was told never to accept a peanut off him cos he'd buy then with chocolate on, but cos he had nee teeth he'd suck them and spit them back in the packet.  Of course all this was just stuff I heard on away trips, so it could be bollocks.  There were always a group of lads who'd look after him on the coach and mash up his sausage and beans for him at the service station.  They always had a crack with the away fans as well when they were helping him out the ground "This is what watching Newcastle does to yee, he's 26 this lad!"

Do we know conclusively that he's dead?

Was on his way out when I last saw him about 15 year ago so he'd have done well to still be knocking around now like.

Used to always be on our coach when I went to all the away games with me dad mid-90s.  Used to say he got put in a home and they wouldn't let him out for the away matches because he'd get back so late so he'd climb out the window.  Apparently he always waited by the tuinnel when Keegan was a player and gave him a sweet on his way off the pitch, which is why he got a seat so close when Keegan came back.  Also was told never to accept a peanut off him cos he'd buy then with chocolate on, but cos he had nee teeth he'd suck them and spit them back in the packet.  Of course all this was just stuff I heard on away trips, so it could be bollocks.  There were always a group of lads who'd look after him on the coach and mash up his sausage and beans for him at the service station.  They always had a crack with the away fans as well when they were helping him out the ground "This is what watching Newcastle does to yee, he's 26 this lad!"

Love hearing stuff like this.

Used to always be on our coach when I went to all the away games with me dad mid-90s. Used to say he got put in a home and they wouldn't let him out for the away matches because he'd get back so late so he'd climb out the window. Apparently he always waited by the tuinnel when Keegan was a player and gave him a sweet on his way off the pitch, which is why he got a seat so close when Keegan came back. Also was told never to accept a peanut off him cos he'd buy then with chocolate on, but cos he had nee teeth he'd suck them and spit them back in the packet. Of course all this was just stuff I heard on away trips, so it could be bollocks. There were always a group of lads who'd look after him on the coach and mash up his sausage and beans for him at the service station. They always had a crack with the away fans as well when they were helping him out the ground "This is what watching Newcastle does to yee, he's 26 this lad!"

Cracking stories. :lol:

Total quality reading stuff like this. :thup:

I was introduced to him before the mauling we gave Coventry in 98,in the Mercers Arms,the pub across the road from Highfield Road.His first words were,"gimme a tab Fatty!",I then bought him a coke,and gave him more tabs.

After the game for some reason,we bumped into him again,and he was asking for help as he'd missed his coach,so a couple of pals and I took him to the player's entrance,to try and get him a lift back.

First out was Lionel Perez,and after telling him of Stevie's predicament,he bottled out of asking Ruud Gullit by saying,"I am only a player,there is nothing I can do."To which I replied,"one out of two ain't bad," much to his bemusement.

Next out was Alan Shearer,with his wife in a chauffeur driven Jag,Alan stopped,after I jumped in front giving it the we are not worthy salute,which amused Mrs. Shearer no end.He informed us he was on his way to Wembley to watch a Spice Girls concert,but he got on his mobile and then two well dressed men came out and told us they'd give Stevie a lift back,as Stevie got into the car he shook our hands warmly and thanked us incessantly,with the hint of a tear in his eye.

Although he cadged half a pack of tabs of me in the hour or so I spent in his company,I found him to be a man,who lived for nothing but Newcastle United Football Club,and the day I met him,I'll never forget.

Guest toonlass

Rose West.

Bugger off you badger hugger!  :knuppel2:

Rose West.

Bugger off you badger hugger! :knuppel2:

It was meant in a jovial but respectful manner, dear. :angel:

Guest toonlass

Rose West.

As was my response, dear heart  O0

Rose West.

As was my response, dear heart  O0

Oh I say, that's just super duper, darling! :gayfight: