Faith in Music Artists

Guest Stephen927

Guest Stephen927

I was thinking about this the other day when I was reading in the paper about how illegal downloading effects the bands. It got me thinking, is there an artist or band out there who, if I saw their new album on a shop shelf would I buy it without first thinking, hmm, I'll download it and give it a listen first..

I don't think theres many bands out there for me. I use the internet to hear the album first before I part with my £10.. how about you?

Not anymore. I used to buy a lot of rap before I fell out of love with it, but nah. I can't really think of anyone that would get money out of my wallet without hesitation.

I was thinking about this the other day when I was reading in the paper about how illegal downloading effects the bands. It got me thinking, is there an artist or band out there who, if I saw their new album on a shop shelf would I buy it without first thinking, hmm, I'll download it and give it a listen first..

I don't think theres many bands out there for me. I use the internet to hear the album first before I part with my £10.. how about you?

Last time i got an album irrelevant of the quality was Only Revolutions. But i did listen before because it leaked. I needed to listen.

Loads actually.

Off the top of my head, bands that I recently have bought an album from without listening to first or that I will when their next one is released: Kent, Arctic Monkeys, Florence + The Machine, Glasvegas, MGMT, Kasabian, The Strokes, Muse, Vampire Weekend, The White Stripes.

Still a fair few, I used to buy CDs without having listened to the band all the time. Don't really need to now with spotify, will only buy the CD if I desperately want it on my ipod (i don't trust downloading not to fuck up my laptop). The only band I'd buy something of theirs straight away on the day the release would be Brand New.

It's too easy to listen to music before it comes out so I will most likely always hear something I have an interest in before I buy it, but I would buy an album without prior listening from the following:

Foo Fighters

Queens of the Stone Age

Feeder

Them Crooked Vultures

Biffy Clyro

I'd probably pick up an Offspring album without listening for old times sake as well.

Muse

Queens of the Stone Age... or anything that involves Josh Homme  :smitten: (No Homo... well, maybe a little bit) for that matter... he could've just been in the building at the same time an album was being recorded and i'd still buy it.

British Sea Power

Nine Inch Nails

Another decent release from the Arctic Monkey's and you could add them to that list as well.

Guest firetotheworks

There's very, very few. Probably bands that I know have self financed their album, and its being released on an indie.

I'll probably buy Glassjaw's new album on CD like. Just...because.

Muse

Queens of the Stone Age... or anything that involves Josh Homme  :smitten: (No Homo... well, maybe a little bit) for that matter... he could've just been in the building at the same time an album was being recorded and i'd still buy it.

British Sea Power

Nine Inch Nails

Another decent release from the Arctic Monkey's and you could add them to that list as well.

What one good album out of 3?

:fishing:

All 3 Arctic Monkey's album > Anything Oasis ever released after Noel discovered coke and used up all his tunes on the first 2 albums and the Masterplan.

That's everything then ???

Pfft, as if Noel was on (or able to afford it) coke when he was a builder (a lousy one at that by all accounts) and writing Live Forever in his little storeroom.