Alan Titmarsh & Video Games

Willow

Those romans must of played shit loads of total war like....

Arguments like his are totally fucking stupid, shit news channels like sky news, papers like the sun etc promote more hatred and violence than video games.

The movie industry needs looking at first if we are talking about violence and gore as entertainment (i.e. the Saw films).  Games can be OTT, I think the only games I've ever seen that I thought were too far was the Manhunt ones.

Overall though it's a load of shit.  Films and games don't make people killers, hence why there were killers before films and video games existed.

Love it how they out-numbered the debate by 3-1.  Nowt like listening (properly) to both sides of the argument.  Oh, and the bloke made a massively valid point about the fact that kids don't play these "violent" games.  Classic case of people believing the facts that suit their argument and ignoring the whole picture.  Little bit like a few people on here actually!

Guest firetotheworks

Violence in video games has never made me violent, losing has. But that goes for loads of things.

I've learned to control my Fifa/Pro Evo rage. I was a monster when everything was going tits up on Pro Evo 3.

Guest Haris Vuckic

She's saying that video games ''reward violence'' but so does real life. Should we have sent Hitler a muffin basket instead? Should a footballer allow the opposite player to drift past for fear of making a bad tackle? Look at the fighting industry and how much it rewards a boxer - Ricky Hatton got £8m for his part in a violent bout just a couple of years ago. A soldier gets paid to go to war.

The issue was originally with children being supplied with violent video games which was rendered a moot point by the Pro Video game guy in his first sentence in regards to the 'Age Certificates' on the box of the game and the parental controls on the system.

''im categorically against violence for entertainment''

Then she should taker her vendetta out against the world. Music can be violent for fucks sake.

Everything can and people like it! Deal with it.

It's that fucking woman who needs a slapping. I'm seriously considering picking her up, paying for sex, running her over, stealing her money and taking my money back and then beating her prone body with a baseball bat. Bitch.

FYP mate.  Not that anyone would ever do that in a game.  As if any game would let you do that anyway. :whistle:

I love it when this subject rears it's head every year or so. Listening to people who have no idea on the matter being discussed and tell us it's bad and will lead to the end of civilisation, when there has been no proven link between violent games or movies and violence in reall life.

Holy s*** i thought you guys were bein harsh on him.......But no you are so right he is so f***ing stupid its unreal.  :facepalm:

"I am categorically against violence for entertainment. It is just wrong." --- so says, Julie Peasgood, actress in such shows as 'Taggart', 'Brookside', 'Holby City', 'The Bill', 'Spender', 'Murder Most Horrid', as well as the author of such books as 'The Greatest Sex Tips in the World'....Really, does this woman realise how much of a hypocrite she is coming across as?

Guest elbee909

More people are physically hurt through gardening than they are playing games every year.  Violence as well as in-the-bush action.  Gardening is fucking sick.

More people are physically hurt through gardening than they are playing games every year.  Violence as well as in-the-bush action.  Gardening is fucking sick.

Getting defensive cause you've played a part in corrupting a generation of children? :shifty:

I now lurk around churches at night, hanging off their gargoyles because of yee!

Guest elbee909

Getting defensive cause you've played a part in corrupting a generation of children? :shifty:

No, each and every one of them enjoyed it really, and the soreness will probably pass.