Dreambox

Guest thefishman

Guest thefishman

LOL cheers!

Nah its a way to watch other channels around the world, that may show premiership footy live , and it works via your sky dish,

Thanks i'll check the av forums.

Guest thefishman

got two mate, an HD one, and an older sd one.

what do you need to know?

Are they worth the money? i have sky hd and just wondered if its worth buying a dreambox ie for "free channels :coolsmiley:" ?

depends on what you wanna watch mate, you can get as much as whats on sky and more, 100 of hd channels (with hd version of course)

sports channels from all over the world, every prem league game live, box office events like boxing etc

just about anything thats on tv over europe is "viewable"

i got mine mainly for the footie, not so much use with championship games, boro game was on like, but will be well worth it again next season.

box prices start at around 300 for hd and upwards, a mate of mine has just got one to replace his sky hd subscription, said he'd never go back.

So let me get this correct, this is a box that allows you to get every Sky channel, nearly every foreign channel that you want, is prefectly legal, and I'm assuming no monthly bills to pay.

If thats the case how the fuck do Sky manage rip so many people off?

So let me get this correct, this is a box that allows you to get every Sky channel, nearly every foreign channel that you want, is prefectly legal, and I'm assuming no monthly bills to pay.

The same reason people pay to use itunes?

So really a Dreambox is illegal.

It's how you use it that makes it illegal. I've got the Eurovox, it gets every single sky and pay per view channel, including all box office events etc. This doesn't get anything foreign though but it was only £100 which is less than 3 months bill on the top sky package so I'm happy enough.

If thats the case how the f*** do Sky manage rip so many people off?

as i posted above mate, the box itself is not illegal, there plenty of reputable satellite shops selling them, in uk and across europe, it runs linux, so can be modified!!

its used to receive FREE to air channels (bbc, itv etc) as well as radio stations, data streams (which can be footie, news feeds etc)

its only when you start putting on different "images" that it becomes a bit dodgy.

i compared it to having a dvdrw on your pc. Theres loads of genuine reasons to have one, but we all know most people use them for less than legal purposes.

also as said above, plenty of people either dont know any better or are to scared so they use proper itunes, same as uk sky or virgin or whoever.

personally I've got the full ukskyhd package, the dreambox is used for "other" stuff like footie matches not on sky, foreign telly etc.

its more of a hobbyists item than just a plug in and watch telly thing.

bit of info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreambox

Interesting! Any idea whether the dreambox works outside the UK. I've been sent to Manila and there's almost nil football matches here...everything is basketball...basketball and more basketball!