Cheap Hotel Newcastle..

Toon_Crazy

Hi all,

Heading over hopefully to our last home match on April 24th against Ipswich, never stayed in Newcastle as I usually fly in and out the same day but the flight home has been cancelled.

So I need to find a cheapish hotel near the airport or the ground...Don't know anywhere else sticking to where I know.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

Conor

Cheap being no more than £80ish..

you'll easy get a room for that. if you are wanting the city centre (metro 25mins to airport or about £15 in  a taxi), as pedro said check the travel lodges,travel inns, even jury's. however make sure you google map type thing them as there are a few classed as newcastle that are a good way out of the city.

I stayed at the Royal Station hotel last time i was there, think it was 50£ a night, decent place and not so far from the city center/metro.

seen now that all rooms are sold out  :undecided:

only 100£+ rooms left

£85 for a single room on laterooms.com for that date - much better staying in the city centre than trekking out to the airport imho. EDIT although i see you're flying so depends if you're going out in the night time.

I stayed at the Station Hotel a couple of years ago.

Full of Rangers fans pissed up at breakfast, found a pool of vomit and shitty underpants on the windowsill of the room,

looked like nothing had been cleaned, I will not be going back there.

ALBATROSS BACKPACKERS INN

It's class. Really comfortable and only £15ish a night.

Was just about to say this. Comfortable bed, and £65 for you to spend on drink and then a taxi/metro to airport the next morning.

I stayed at the Station Hotel a couple of years ago.

Full of Rangers fans pissed up at breakfast, found a pool of vomit and shitty underpants on the windowsill of the room,

looked like nothing had been cleaned, I will not be going back there.

;D