New NUFC sponsorship deal with Telcoms company

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100325/nufc-announce-telecoms-partner_2240137_2005122

NUFC Announce Telecoms Partner

NEWCASTLE United are delighted to announce that they have signed a four-year deal with Fantastic Telecom, (a division of the MDS Telecom Group) for them to become the Club's "Official Telecoms Partner"

The partnership is the first of its kind in the history of MDS Telecom Group and signals the company's intention to aggressively compete in the UK telecoms marketplace by launching the Fantastic Telecom brand. As part of the agreement, Fantastic Telecom will have highly-visible sponsorship branding around St James' Park from the start of the 2010/11 season and the company will look to maximize marketing activation opportunities including hospitality, merchandising, and promotional rights.

Darren Thomas, Chief Executive of Fantastic Telecom said:

"We are excited to be partnering such a famous and prestigious Football Club. To join Newcastle United's exclusive family of partners adds real value to what the Fantastic brand represents.

"Joining forces with Newcastle United enables the brand to offer a special broadband and landline package to one of the most loyal and passionate fan bases in world football. Newcastle United supporters will be some of the first to trial the new cost effective Internet deal, with 10% of the revenue from packages sold, being donated back to the Club."

Article continues>>

Newcastle United are thrilled with the new partnership, as Barry Webber, Commercial Director explains:

"This is a highly significant deal for the Football Club and we are delighted to welcome MDS Telecom Group to our family of Official Sponsors.

"Our aim is to continually offer our fans something more and we feel that joining forces with Fantastic Telecom provides our supporters with something truly exceptional. With the team doing exceptionally well, this is just another indication of the off-field commercial strides we are making.

Never heard of them, but I suppose it's money into the club.

http://www.fantastic-telecom.com/

Seem to have appeared out of nowhere, third google result down is a boro fan posting on some shitty forum thinking it's going to be the stadium name.

Searching for "fan-tastic telecom" brings up a few more results, think the official name is with a hyphen, which probably won't please them too much if we've got their name worng in our press release.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100325/nufc-announce-telecoms-partner_2240137_2005122

NEWCASTLE United are delighted to announce that they have signed a four-year deal with Fantastic Telecom, (a division of the MDS Telecom Group) for them to become the Club's "Official Telecoms Partner"

The partnership is the first of its kind in the history of MDS Telecom Group and signals the company's intention to aggressively compete in the UK telecoms marketplace by launching the Fantastic Telecom brand. As part of the agreement, Fantastic Telecom will have highly-visible sponsorship branding around St James' Park from the start of the 2010/11 season and the company will look to maximize marketing activation opportunities including hospitality, merchandising, and promotional rights.

"We are excited to be partnering such a famous and prestigious Football Club. To join Newcastle United's exclusive family of partners adds real value to what the Fantastic brand represents.

"Joining forces with Newcastle United enables the brand to offer a special broadband and landline package to one of the most loyal and passionate fan bases in world football. Newcastle United supporters will be some of the first to trial the new cost effective Internet deal, with 10% of the revenue from packages sold, being donated back to the Club."

Article continues>>

Newcastle United are thrilled with the new partnership, as Barry Webber, Commercial Director explains:

"This is a highly significant deal for the Football Club and we are delighted to welcome MDS Telecom Group to our family of Official Sponsors.

"Our aim is to continually offer our fans something more and we feel that joining forces with Fantastic Telecom provides our supporters with something truly exceptional. With the team doing exceptionally well, this is just another indication of the off-field commercial strides we are making.

Jesus wept, they want more from the fans!

Season tickets, shirts, corproate hospitally, weddings, credit cards etc....now broadband and telephone lines.  What next car manufacturing..."hey what do you drive?"..."I drive the New NUFC XR3i Milburn"

Article continues>>

Season tickets, shirts, corproate hospitally, weddings, credit cards etc....now broadband and telephone lines.  What next car manufacturing..."hey what do you drive?"..."I drive the New NUFC XR3i Milburn"

Would be a Micra, shirley

Apparently MDS constantly reinvent themselves.  :facepalm:

Is this the best Ashley can do?

It seems everything about the club is small-time with this joker calling the shots. Nobody of any stature wants to deal with him. I wonder why....?

It seems everything about the club is small-time with this joker calling the shots. Nobody of any stature wants to deal with him. I wonder why....?

Fred would do better dont ya think?   ;D

Only joking man, but why so negative when we dont know the details yet?

Fred would do better dont ya think?   ;D

Only joking man, but why so negative when we dont know the details yet?

Never heard of them.

Article continues>>

I still wonder why it hasn't happened yet. Granted clubs in stripes would look awful, but get a red BMW, stick a ManU badge in it. Watch as you sell 100,000 of those in Singapore.

fantastic @ st james' park

better than what we currently have if they want to do it

horrible but could be worse like

good times @

you'll never win @

i got my jaw broken by andy carroll @

etc.

So this is NOT going to be printed on the 2010/11 shirts?

Northern Rock re-signed a sponsorship deal awhile ago.

Suppose they are small time and of no stature too.  Them and Puma, Thomas Cook et al....

Guest ItalianMagpie

So this is NOT going to be printed on the 2010/11 shirts?

Northern Rock re-signed a sponsorship deal awhile ago.

Oh, I had missed it. I heard somewhere this would be NR's last year with us :idiot2: