Anyone been to Tunisia?

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

Me and wor lass are going there for 2 weeks in July, can't fucking wait like. Just wondering if anyone has been and how was it?

I was there this september. Unfortunatley it was ramadan when I went, so the nightlife wasn't any good.

I really enojyed the food there. They have some of the best seafood in the world. People were generally nice although they really want to sell you stuff all the time.

Oh, and if someone tries to sell you a boat trip on a "pirate boat", you should decline no matter how persuasive the seller is. They jam a small "ship" to the point where you can hardly move, blast of old techno songs while trying to get everyone to dance. The food included in the trip sucks, and alchohol isn't allowed anymore due to some accident some brits had once upon a time.

Went for 2 weeks when I was 17. Quite possibly the worst 2 weeks of my life.

Country is full of fucking perverts, if your "lass" is blonde or has big tits (or both) prepare for men to oggle ger in the street!

:lol:

Country is full of f***ing perverts, if your "lass" is blonde or has big tits (or both) prepare for men to oggle ger in the street!

It's HTT man! The though of him carrying around a clothed blow up doll with a " :smug: " look on his face is more likely than him actually having a bird!

Country is full of f***ing perverts, if your "lass" is blonde or has big tits (or both) prepare for men to oggle ger in the street!

It's HTT man! The though of him carrying around a clothed blow up doll with a " :smug: " look on his face is more likely than him actually having a bird!

:lol: he's like a Geordie Quagmire, isn't he.

"Whey giggity giggity man yah knaa, av neva shagged a teecha before man."

Country is full of f***ing perverts, if your "lass" is blonde or has big tits (or both) prepare for men to oggle in the street!

This.

I was 17 when I went aswell, and if it wasn't for meeting a new friend there it would of been hell, like the 2nd week was after they went back.

The place stinks of sewage (the whole place, all of the time), people on the streets never stop pestering you, nor do taxi drivers, sometime when you go into a shop they won't let you leave until you buy something (which we wee told of before we went and kept us from going into a lot of shops). One of the people who we met there actaully had a shop keeper go into her purse and take the money himself when she went to pay him. Kids on the streets try to sell you flowers and won't leave you alone at all, sometime people try to sell you stray cats. Even on the beaches people come up and bother you and the beaches arn't exactly clean. Their is many other problems with the place that I don't want to even bother mention, or care to even remember about.

Do yourself a favour an cancel it.

Though my mam and stepdad went to the island Djerba a year earlier and they said is was perfect and nothing like the mainland.

from Sousse to Port el-Kantaoui, where more lively stuff was on a night, the main mode of transport was one of these.  Felt like a right fucking tit, but it was miles cheaper than a taxi.

http://travel.crowe.co.nz/Images/Travel/Sites/42/WindowsLiveWriter/TheAthenshappytrain_C24D/DSCF5763.jpg

I remember when I went England beat Germany 5-1 the night before we were leaving.  We went in some English theme pub (wasn't ran by ex-pats or owt) as it was the only place around showing it.  It was rammed.  Was quite funny as the majority of English people in our hotel gloated to the Germans with minimal subtlety.

Went to Port El Kantoui a few years ago and really enjoyed it tbh, went on trips to the star wars set in the desert and the Sahara on a camel ride, they do try and sell you stuff all the time like but such is life over there. Any ways thought it was class the salt lakes are nice aswell, there is some lovely sights to see up in the Atlas mountains don't try and go on your own though coz you will never come back:-) slipped right into the Libian slave trade :-O

I went in to that English pub, not bad, but still, anyway their was a good place that did the best kebab I have ever had just up the road, and next to the English pub theirs a good place that does the best Lasagna I have ever had. Theirs another English pub (a proper one, not a bar) in a shooping mall further up the up rad which shows all the games on TV. When I was there the Sousse football team were playing in the first leg of the African Champions League final in Sousse, I tried to get tickets but couldn't, anyway the atmosphere that day was excellent around Sousse and the eventually won the African Champions League 2 weeks later.

Apart from good food (not in the hotels though) and that day they played in the African Champions League final the place is fucking doormat to hell.

Ha ha

from Sousse to Port el-Kantaoui, where more lively stuff was on a night, the main mode of transport was one of these.  Felt like a right fucking tit, but it was miles cheaper than a taxi.

http://travel.crowe.co.nz/Images/Travel/Sites/42/WindowsLiveWriter/TheAthenshappytrain_C24D/DSCF5763.jpg

I remember when I went England beat Germany 5-1 the night before we were leaving.  We went in some English theme pub (wasn't ran by ex-pats or owt) as it was the only place around showing it.  It was rammed.  Was quite funny as the majority of English people in our hotel gloated to the Germans with minimal subtlety.

ha ha I remember those ! We were lashing around on the tuc tucs*

Guest Howaythetoon

I've heard mixed opinions like but I'm going with an open mind and a plan to fully enjoy my 2 weeks. The weather will be brilliant and the hotel we're at is decent. I'm more of an explorer when travelling than someone who just sits about and relaxes in the sun and at the pool or beach so I expect to be hassled by street sellers and such. My mate is actually Tunisian and he's warned me of the perverts but if you shout "shooma" loudly enough they will back off, it means shame on you. I actually know some Arabic as does wor lass and she's pretty fluent with her French as well so that should help us I imagine.

First few days we plan to stay local (Port El Kantouri) and just chill, get to acclimatise, learn a little of the lingo etc. then we head out to Sousse, Tunis, the Sahara etc. and explore. Like I said I can't wait.

After that we plan to go to India in September. I've decided to do as much travel as I can while I'm young and healthy and have the money.

I've heard mixed opinions like but I'm going with an open mind and a plan to fully enjoy my 2 weeks. The weather will be brilliant and the hotel we're at is decent. I'm more of an explorer when travelling than someone who just sits about and relaxes in the sun and at the pool or beach so I expect to be hassled by street sellers and such. My mate is actually Tunisian and he's warned me of the perverts but if you shout "shooma" loudly enough they will back off, it means shame on you. I actually know some Arabic as does wor lass and she's pretty fluent with her French as well so that should help us I imagine.

First few days we plan to stay local (Port El Kantouri) and just chill, get to acclimatise, learn a little of the lingo etc. then we head out to Sousse, Tunis, the Sahara etc. and explore. Like I said I can't wait.

After that we plan to go to India in September. I've decided to do as much travel as I can while I'm young and healthy and have the money.

Its monsoon season in Northern India in September if you're planning to there. Me & wor lass are thinking about going in/around christmas like. Delhi & Rajasthan and round there.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its monsoon season in Northern India in September if you're planning to there. Me & wor lass are thinking about going in/around christmas like. Delhi & Rajasthan and round there.

Is it? Never really checked, will look into that. We are not firmly fixed as to where we want to go after Tunisia but India appeals. We eventually want to do all the continents.

I used to live there when I was younger... but unfortunately I don't remember too much from my time there, so I can't help you much, I’m afraid. (I was about 11). But I do remember enjoying the food (especially the grapes! :lol:).

Try to enjoy it, mate.  :thup: