Joe Calzaghe Has Been Boshing Lines...

Thespence

It says he ripped into fellow boxers...well he didnt really say anything that terrible tbh. And also his cocaine use is 'occasional' too. What the fck else is he going to spend his hard earned on? Bloody hell, News of the fucking world.

It says he ripped into fellow boxers...well he didnt really say anything that terrible tbh. And also his cocaine use is 'occasional' too. What the fck else is he going to spend his hard earned on? Bloody hell, News of the fucking world.

Hatton is finished - yep

Hamed is a fat lad - yep again.

Guest elbee909

Normally wouldn't condone drug use, but shit - he's retired and has worked his bollocks off pretty much his entire life, has masses of disposable income and isn't harming anyone else.  Most of these tabloid journo fuckers are probably coked up to their typing fingertips.  I dunno, fair play really.

Normally wouldn't condone drug use, but shit - he's retired and has worked his bollocks off pretty much his entire life, has masses of disposable income and isn't harming anyone else.  Most of these tabloid journo fuckers are probably coked up to their typing fingertips.  I dunno, fair play really.

Aye, Coke's by no means a sensible lifestyle choice, but to be world champion I bet he ate the most boring diet, trained the hardest regime and was about as sober as a judge for most of his life.

I'd have a few lines and a few glasses of champagne when I retired, and I'd fucking hope (being one of the best british boxers) that I'd be allowed to comment on how shit everyone else is right now!

Exactly man, that's the ridiculous thing.  Scary how self-appointed moral guardians whip the country into a frenzy.

It's a bit of coke at the end of the day, people need to get real.  The use of the word "shame" here is laughable.

Normally wouldn't condone drug use, but s*** - he's retired and has worked his bollocks off pretty much his entire life, has masses of disposable income and isn't harming anyone else.  Most of these tabloid journo fuckers are probably coked up to their typing fingertips.  I dunno, fair play really.

Exactly man, that's the ridiculous thing.  Scary how self-appointed moral guardians whip the country into a frenzy.

It's a bit of coke at the end of the day, people need to get real.  The use of the word "shame" here is laughable.

you've got it the wrong way round. they don't care really but will feed the prolls what they think they want.....and unfortunatly as it seems , what they DO want.

Normally wouldn't condone drug use, but s*** - he's retired and has worked his bollocks off pretty much his entire life, has masses of disposable income and isn't harming anyone else.  Most of these tabloid journo fuckers are probably coked up to their typing fingertips.  I dunno, fair play really.

you've got it the wrong way round. they don't care really but will feed the prolls what they think they want.....and unfortunatly as it seems , what they DO want.

Aye I know they're not arsed, I suppose worded it badly.  They try to pass their opinions off as the norm and impressionable people lap it up.  It's generally not even their opinion though, as you say.  It's agenda city, it's done to sell papers and nowt else.  It would be interesting to see the proportion of each profession that are drug-users because journalists would clearly figure very highly, especially with a drug like cocaine.

A message from Joe who has been in talks with fellow sheepshgger  Bellamy about how to handle a media storm & say sorry

AN APOLOGY

I'm not proud to say that I have joined a list of royals, sports and showbiz stars who have been scammed by the News of the World's notorious Fake Sheikh.

The reporter, Mazer Mahmood, who spends his life disguising himself and his team members to entrap celebrities came into my life with an accomplice. They were posing as the London representatives of an investment bank.

I met them a few times because they were plausible and seemed to be offering a good business proposition.

Unbeknown to me, every word spoken was filmed and tape recorded using sophisticated and secret surveillance equipment as part of a News of the World sting operation.

Much of the discussion took place in a relaxed enviroment with drink flowing freely. Like most such conversations therefore, there was a lot of joshing and not everything said was meant seriously.

However, during several hours of conversations, I made passing references to cocaine - again something I am definitely NOT proud of.

After spending weeks on my case, the News of the World approached my PR and management team with the tapes and films of their "investigation".

After some soul-searching, I made the following statement further below to the newspaper which they have published in full in today's newspaper and online.

In talking directly to my fans, I would only add that I am deeply sorry if anyone feels let down and I will make sure that nothing like it happens again.

Secondly I just wonder if it really is a proper function of a free Press to have journalists using this sort of underhand deception to get a story which they hope will sell newspapers by knocking someone down.

Over the course of the last 24 hours I have been in discussions with my family, friends, my management team, my sponsors and charitable partners, in particular the team at Help for Heroes, who have given me their full support and continued backing on the fundraising initiatives I have recently commenced.

Others I have also spoken to today have given me their full support to get over this and help me deal with some of the issues that have been raised.

Below is the statement that I have made to the News of the World and, again, it comes with my heartfelt apologies to any fans who feel let down by what has been published.

"I very much regret my occasional use of cocaine in what have sometimes been the long days since my retirement from the ring.

"I am fully aware of the bad example it sets to other people and particularly to youngsters and I apologise to my family, friends and fans.

"It is not a major problem in my life but it is something which I am actively addressing.

"Many of the other conversations reported to have taken place simply involve men joshing or shooting the breeze over a drink.

"While some statements are either untrue or exagerations I am, naturally, sorry for any embarrassment their publication may cause to entirely blameless third parties."

http://www.joecalzaghe.com/latest-news/joe-calzaghe.aspx

If people like Fred & Dougie can fall for Maz then what chance did Joe stand

we're due a front page story soon it the NOTW, it's been awhile

This will depend on whether or not there is any other more news worthy stories. The chance are they already have their next headline written but are waiting for a slow new week, however given the upcoming election and world cup it might be a while unless of course we implode like last year again. What ever happens, i hope it isn't as laughable as that one about Osame Bin Laden, in the sun, or actually i do.

Guest Stephen927

A lot of sportsmen struggle to fill the void in their life once they retire.

He's right, Hatton can't take a punch and Khan is manufactured rubbish.

Guest cla1dwa

if anyone's manufactured then it's calzaghe himself. undefeated? fair enough, but who did he fight? a shot roy jones? an old chris eubank? fair play the kessler and lacy fights were great, but how many terrible opponents did he face? evans ashira was a career light middle. peter manfredo was reality tv crap. tocker pudwill, will mcintyre, mger mkrtchian, kabery salem. jesus christ, his cv reads like sven ottke's!

he bottled a fight with glen johnson, he bottled a fight with pavlik, and he'd have avoided the super six like the plague. he's a british lucian bute. he had all the talent in the world but pissed it away fighting non-entities and defending his wbo belt. roger federer would be the best tennis player in the world regardless who he faces, but he's not a legend if he never plays nadal, djokovic or del potro, and signs off by hammering a 40 year old sampras.

as for the cocaine, couldn't give a fuck. shit journalism.

"he's a british lucian bute. he had all the talent in the world but pissed it away fighting non-entities and defending his wbo belt"

and making a lot of dosh while he did so......

Guest cla1dwa
and making a lot of dosh while he did so......

and he'd have made a hell of a lot more if he'd got his arse to america and not sat at home fighting no marks. i'm not berating the man for making money, but he'll be remembered as a stay at home fighter who stuck to his mandatories.