Sunderland...

Heron

Really?  Thought they looked poor and were lucky first half, countered really well in a much improved second half and scored two absolute screamers on the night.  If Wigan weren't so profligate and the ref did his job properly, they would have been 2 up at half time.

Set up for the counter with a lot of success in the last two games and had a lot less possession, I wonder if that is the way they will be playing from now on? 

Guest Haris Vuckic

Man City and Everton don't count?

That was a weak Man City team and they scored an offside goal after City somehow didn't score, hitting the post twice etc etc, one off the line

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Just saw the highlights of their game last night. In their defence, the two times Wigan hit the post were in the same passage of play, so you can't say they were lucky not to be two down because of those shots... (I think I saw that people had said that!)

Mackem

Does anyone feel a bit sorry for those mackems who do bother to attend games ?

They pay their money (well some of them do) but will never get to see one of the "big" sides play their strongest side with all the star players on show.

They should complain to the Premier League about only ever seeing weakened/reserve XI's when they come up against title challengers.

Perhaps if the big players did turn out against them they might get a few more bums on the empty seats.

Guest Roger Kint

Mackem At Work (hehe) saying that Howard Webb had a good game and how crap Manure were and how we were lucky.

Theres a lot more luck in a comprehensive 3-0 win against the champions than somehow winning after a 90 minute battering by Man Citys understrength side via an offside injury time goal dont you know.... :D