Paul Gascoigne charged with drink driving.

Optimistic Nut

Utter prick.  :facepalm:

PAUL Gascoigne has been charged with drink driving after an incident outside a North Yorkshire take-away earlier this year.

Gazza, 42, and a 40-year-old man were arrested in Leeming Bar, near Bedale, on suspicion of being drunk while in charge of a motor vehicle at 9.10pm on Sunday, February 7.

A statement released by North Yorkshire Police this morning said: "Two men answered bail at Northallerton Police Station yesterday and were charged with a number offences.

"The 42-year-old man was charged with drink driving, driving without insurance and driving without a licence.

"The 40-year-old man was charged with drink driving, being in charge of a motor vehicle whilst over the limit, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance.

"Both men are due to appear at Northallerton Magistrates’ Court on 16 April 2010 at 9.30am"

Guest toonlass

He's an alcoholic man! He needs to want to stop drinking if he is to ever succeed. I feel sorry for the bloke. There is no excuse for drink driving but the bloke is ill.

Guest toonlass

Alcoholism is one thing...this is just beyond belief no matter how ill you are.

I know a lot of people from AA who have been done for drink driving. It's easy to condemn someone when you haven't been in their shoes.

I know a lot of people from AA who have been done for drink driving. It's easy to condemn someone when you haven't been in their shoes.

Drink driving itself is shocking, when he doesn't even have insurance OR a licence, there's no defence for it. He must have had the intention to drive before he started drinking that night.

Guest toonlass

Drink driving itself is shocking, when he doesn't even have insurance OR a licence, there's no defence for it. He must have had the intention to drive before he started drinking that night.

Aye cos no-one ever does things they didn't intend to once they have had a drink do they?

The 42-year-old man was charged with drink driving, driving without insurance and driving without a licence.

He's clearly just not all there mentally as well as been a severe alcoholic. He needs professional help but it doesn't look like he'll get that. As someone has said I'd be very surprised if he lives much longer, as depressing as that is.

Guest toonlass

He has a daughter as well, right?

Sad sad story...

No he has step-daughter who cashes in on his fame.

He has a young son though.

When is this man going to stop hiding behind alcohol and getting wasted, and face life head on? Embarrassing. Should take a leaf out of Merson's book, as he seems to be doing really well now.