Shola's velvet touch

TRon

For those who have described Shola as being a donkey, I'd be interested to hear their view on his sublime contributions to tonight's win. My God the control and finish for the first goal and the backheel for the second were works of art.

For those who have described Shola as being a donkey, I'd be interested to hear their view on his sublime contributions to tonight's win. My God the control and finish for the first goal and the backheel for the second were works of art.

We know he can do it, thats the furstrting thing!

when the ball comes to Shola, he can do something exceptional, world class. score a great goal.

He can also miss the ball completely Fall on his arse in a ridiculous fashion and look like a total clown.

You never know which you will get, most often its not the good option tho.

He's an exceptional goalscorer in this league on the basis of this season. He's still nowhere near good enough for the premier league though.

This, maybe we can sell him and let him take another team up, he's found his level in the CCC.

Had a Lovejoy moment there tonight.

Ball breaks for us after a piss poor clearance hits one of their blokes and lands at one of out players (Nolan?) feet.  I said 'We're going to score from this, arggh not Shola!'.  And milliseconds later it's in the back of the net.

He did have a major hand in the win tonight, but it is still trying to polish a turd with this lad.  Give him a run and we'll be seeing the same lethargic, insipid crap we have for the past ten years.

The thing with Shola, is that always that I have watched him he seems capable of doing great things, but seems to move and think in slow-motion. So he needs loads of time on the ball, which he gets in this division.

Still, Zlatan-esque performance today.