Six good reasons to hate newcastle by Notts Forrest Fans

Thespence

Can I advise no one to take that forum seriously? As I said on the match thread, that forum is filled with pre-pubescent, red tinted specced idiots who wouldn't know their arse from their albow. The only fans that hate Geordies are those that witnessed the pitch invasion in the FA Cup tie 30 odd years ago - and even they aren't that bothered. Young kids just go by media portrayal, and as Forest fans, we know how fucking misleading that can be.

I thought our fans were good tonight though. Came across loud on the telly. Can understand people who were there not agreeing, as they would be in amongst the Geordies, who were also very good, but telly watchers? We definitely came across well.

I was there. The biggest disgrace was that the scabs officials (chairman and manager) agreed to continue with the match after Police cleared the fans off the pitch and then officially complained and demanded a replay when their 3-1 lead was turned into a 4-3 defeat. Justice was done in the end when we knocked the scabs out anyway.

As I say, a disgrace on all counts, tbh.

The 'averaged 16,000' gates in the nineties, has become a modern day urban myth, started by reaatrded Spuds fans and blown out of all proportion by Sun-readers.

The fact is ALL gates were down in the eighties, and that Newcastle performed better than most, despite the mass unemployment and the closing down of the shipyards, mines, steelworks etc etc.

One more thing, this 'They think they're a big club'. Well, 52,000 in a relegation season. 45,000 in the championship? We are a big club for fucks sake!

Like everyone else has said. Ask someone about Forest, and there is only one thing to talk about. Clough. I've no shame in admitting he was a genius. End of.

Guest Brazilianbob

Actually I can well understand Forest fans resenting us after the SJP pitch invasion in the FA Cupin 1974.  We didn't exactly cover ourselves with glory that day.  We should have been booted out of the FA cup, but instead the FA ordered a replay and we eventually beat them 1-0, but then went on to lose 3-0 in the final.

Guest muckman

I was at the match last night, Forrest the Football club, may have been a big club 30 years ago?

However, their fans are what makes them a small club, they have a small club mentality.

Rather than singing about their own team and players, they spent the entire night singing something about Geordie Bastards and how they hate Leicester?

I was sitting in the Sir John Hall stand, middle tier, so not far away from them, and could just hear them - were they the quietest supporters in the land?

I think so

Rubbish about Clough 'hating; us too - Peter Taylor went on record to say that he would love to see what sort of crowds they would attract of they were able to manage Newcastle ....he said this because the Forest crowds were so poor...!!!

Rubbish about Clough 'hating; us too - Peter Taylor went on record to say that he would love to see what sort of crowds they would attract of they were able to manage Newcastle ....he said this because the Forest crowds were so poor...!!!

cloughie loved us, always had good banter with our fans. used to wave to the gallowgate everytime we played them.

cloughie loved us, always had good banter with our fans. used to wave to the gallowgate everytime we played them.

He was close to managing us but whoever was chairman in the mid to late 70's fu**d it up. Ws it McKeag?

Guest neesy111

He was close to managing us but whoever was chairman in the mid to late 70's fu**d it up. Ws it McKeag?

imagine what he could of done to this club, would of been endless

To be fair every club has there "Cloughie nearly came here" story.

went in the Goose post match last night, and they left SS1 on.  'Time of our lives' came on and it was Forest (I assume that was done on purpose).  Wouldn't be surprised if seeing this has led to further angry posts calling us a small, non-achieving club etc.

As is always the case with football fans, they're living in the past, but to be honest aren't most clubs with the exception of a select few?  All part and parcel of fans winding each other up.  Brush the comments off and move on.  We're going up, they might not be yet.

Thankfully next season we won't have to deal with jealous fuckwits like these. After reading this I can't wait for their inevitable playoff collapse and their return to Championship/League 1 mediocrity.

Attitudes like this towards other clubs doesn't help your image tbh.

Thankfully next season we won't have to deal with jealous fuckwits like these. After reading this I can't wait for their inevitable playoff collapse and their return to Championship/League 1 mediocrity.

What a shame

Don't know why our image is so poor at other clubs anyway. We always turn up in big numbers at their grounds you would think fans would take that as a compliment. Maybe they'd prefer us not to give a toss about the smaller clubs and leave their stands empty like plenty of other "big club" fans undoubtedly would.

We always turn up in big numbers

You know, I was wondering if some teams take big attendences and vocal support as some kind of arrogance.  In general the better teams are doing, the betetr the football, the higher the chances of success, the more folk turn up.  Are people going "Deluded geordies, look at 45,000 of them turning up and singing about how great Newcastle is when they're only finishing 7th/10th/13th/gonna get relegated/in the second teir, they must think that they're great and gonna win the league in a season or so."

Notts Forest are a footballing irrelevance these days. They will fail in the Play Offs and will yoyo between the Championship and League 1 for the next few seasons. Derby County have always been by far the biggest club in the East Midlands which probably explains why a lot of Notts Forest fans have a chip on their shoulders.

Fair play to Billy Davies for his post match comments last night mind.  O0