How much will NUFC receive in the Summer

Guest rosstoon

Guest rosstoon

Heard a few reports that int he Summer we will receive a fair bit of cash. This is through the New sponsorship, New Kit, Parachute Payment and the Money from the Premier league. Also that we will receive the funds for Martins, Milner, Bassong, Nzogbia and a few others.  Just seeing if anyone has an estimate figure of what we will receive. Surely this is good news for the club.

Guest Roger Kint
Just seeing if anyone has an estimate figure of what we will receive. Surely this is good news for the club.

More than we will spend, thats all you need to know tbh

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Heard a few reports that int he Summer we will receive a fair bit of cash. This is through the New sponsorship, New Kit, Parachute Payment and the Money from the Premier league. Also that we will receive the funds for Martins, Milner, Bassong, Nzogbia and a few others.  Just seeing if anyone has an estimate figure of what we will receive. Surely this is good news for the club.

Reports are wrong. Our Parachute Payment will be shared amongst the other clubs still in the Championship, if we're promoted in the 1st season.

Reports are wrong. Our Parachute Payment will be shared amongst the other clubs still in the Championship, if we're promoted in the 1st season.

I thought that was next years parachute payment not this years.

Guest Stephen927

No idea, but naturally it won't all be going on the transfer budget, I don't think anybody should expect that at any club.

Just seeing if anyone has an estimate figure of what we will receive. Surely this is good news for the club.

More than we will spend, thats all you need to know tbh

Don't you love being a toon fan?  :coolsmiley:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I thought that was next years parachute payment not this years.

Yeah, sorry, it is.

Bizzare thread.

Why not ask how much will NUFC receive this week? It's about as relevant.

Surely, given the nature of football as a business, the main income for the club will be over the summer month, as we receive season ticket money, tv money, etc., yet the costs are spread out over the year. You can only make any informed comments once you've seen the bigger picture.

Which will be the accounts filed in 2012 O0

Little news in brief in The Times. Apparently Premier League clubs TV money is to go up between 2010-2013 thanks to new overseas TV deals. Takes the minimum money earned in a season by any team competing in the PL to £40 million. A good time to be promoted :)

Guest neesy111

Little news in brief in The Times. Apparently Premier League clubs TV money is to go up between 2010-2013 thanks to new overseas TV deals. Takes the minimum money earned in a season by any team competing in the PL to £40 million. A good time to be promoted :)

hmm, i suspect that we will again be on telly probably 5th or 6th most, so we'll receive in the region of around 60M, our turnover next season could be in the region of over 100M with the new sponsorship and money received from player sales

hmm, i suspect that we will again be on telly probably 5th or 6th most, so we'll receive in the region of around 60M, our turnover next season could be in the region of over 100M with the new sponsorship and money received from player sales

£60m wouldn't be a bad estimate. Maybe I'm being an optimist but it seems that we could be one of the more financially stable clubs in the next few years (touch wood).

Guest neesy111

£60m wouldn't be a bad estimate. Maybe I'm being an optimist but it seems that we could be one of the more financially stable clubs in the next few years (touch wood).

i do also expect some big earners to be moved on in the summer, i.e. butt will be out, xisco, possibly barton if we can get rid of him

i do also expect some big earners to be moved on in the summer, i.e. butt will be out, xisco, possibly barton if we can get rid of him

Smith as well maybe. That will help, for all Ashley's mistakes I am very much in favour of the new wage structure.

It would be a mistake to sell too many players. I my opinion, we onmly need to sell 2 or 3 maximum, as long as we get 5 or 6 in. We are still light on squad wise and for some of our youngsters to progress further like Kadar and Ranger, we need to send them out on loan to a top CCC club for a season whilst we bring players in to supplement their absence.

In:  Hibbert, Wheater, Fox, Maynard, Driver and Scharner

Out: Butt, Best, possibly Saylor

Loaned: Xisco, Ranger, Kadar

Overall expenditure: 10 million pounds max with the reaminder of income offset againsat debt, loans and salaries. I believe our squad will be efficient enough for mid table next season and then the season after, we can look to improve further for an assault on a EUFA cup spot.

It would be a mistake to sell too many players. I my opinion, we onmly need to sell 2 or 3 maximum, as long as we get 5 or 6 in. We are still light on squad wise and for some of our youngsters to progress further like Kadar and Ranger, we need to send them out on loan to a top CCC club for a season whilst we bring players in to supplement their absence.

Overall expenditure: 10 million pounds max with the reaminder of income offset againsat debt, loans and salaries. I believe our squad will be efficient enough for mid table next season and then the season after, we can look to improve further for an assault on a EUFA cup spot.

You must think we're getting fuckloads for Taylor like...

Hibbert!!!

Well for a long time now the figure of going into the EPL has been about £40m-£60m, and the new over seas TV deal add's about £20m to each club, though I'm not sure if thats per year or over the course of about 4 years. So really our revenue could increase from somwhere like £40m-£100m

Also, how to we only get the money from Martins etc this year?, surely the whole point in selling him and others was to make the wage bill payable for the time we were in the CCC by getting rid of their wages and by also gaining money of their transfers?

Guest rosstoon

Well for a long time now the figure of going into the EPL has been about £40m-£60m, and the new over seas TV deal add's about £20m to each club, though I'm not sure if thats per year or over the course of about 4 years. So really our revenue could increase from somwhere like £40m-£100m

Also, how to we only get the money from Martins etc this year?, surely the whole point in selling him and others was to make the wage bill payable for the time we were in the CCC by getting rid of their wages and by also gaining money of their transfers?

No money has been received for the sales of several players.

Guest thepict

How come if you sell a player in season 2008-09, you only get the money for them in season 2010-11? talk about buy now pay later :kasper:

Guest malandro

I’m sure I read our wage bill for this season was £40m. If we’re bringing £100m next season the club will be rolling in cash.